Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2009, 12:02 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times

Advertisements

just back from lunch with my folks.... they took us out to a local greek diner. Had eggs over easy and dry wheat toast for lunch.... sounded pretty good for me and not too heavy. Tends to be my fav standby.

Ok... who asked me? I didn't copy it... but no I didn't get the stone tested to see if it is exactly what is causing it food wise... BUT they do run in my family and they can't eat THOSE foods. Also, they are the most common foods that cause the stones. I guess I am supposed to be eating more low fat calcium rich foods as well like yogurt and cheeses. I don't eat chocolate but I am told that chocolate is on the list of no no's as well. Good news is BEER helps move the stones along LOL... I really becoming educated on the subject after this week.....LOL

Old 02-22-2009, 12:10 PM

2,975 posts, read 8,116,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I have to ask one of those silly questions that pops into my head : Are all Angus cattle black?

I frequently pass a farm where they raise Black Angus on country motorcycle rides. I'm always struck by their look, almost like a Black Hole from which no light escapes, unlike any other animals I've seen.
Yeah they're black, but we also get highland cattle here too along with other cattle species like the Ayrshire, Holstein, Galloway, Brahman.

But you get red and black angus

As far as beef goes, Angus is by far the most popular.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:54 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
burdell nicely said.

skbs I didn't know about the beets, peppers and spinach either bummer for sure we eat a lot of those here as well. They run in our family too but thankfully I have never experienced them.

Lacey that had to be a welcomed relief finding your shoveling done! I bet if you go to the gas station and ask another customer to pump for you they will. I had to do that after a surgery once and we do it when we see elderly folks at our station. Be extra careful driving it is too cold to swim in a ditch or pond.

Scotlass we use to raise angus beef when we butchered our own too. Good eating for sure from grass fed cows.

kelsie & Debsi why is it illegal to pump your own gas in NJ & OR? Here even kids taking driving courses have to pump gas as part of their course work. I just thought everybody was on self serve pumping. Learn something new everyday on this thread by golly.

Nomad hope you give us a full report on the Cuban pork!

crazy that is why I never gamble I never win. Glad your DD had some luck.

HG have an enjoyable night out sounds delicious and fun. Was hoping you would have word on your job on Friday can't imagine how you feel having to wait longer still.

Kats tell your mom happy bday!

We are having fried pork chops, gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans and jello. Had to help take care of a neighbor that fell earlier this week so my baking schedule is behind today. Maybe I should forgo it so our behinds don't plump up?

Old 02-22-2009, 01:16 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
Jax: I don't know about Oregon, but it is illegal to pump your own gas in NJ, and they delight in handing out tickets to out of Staters. You also cannot make a left U turn on the roads. NJ still have traffic circles, you drive to the right circle to the light & then turn left on the highway. Lacey, burdell HL, maybe one of you could explain it.

Last year we were up in Northern NJ close to NYC and stopped to get gas, after the attendant put the gas in the car he turned to my husband, put his hand out and said, "Tip Boss", my dh looked right at him and said, "Here's a tip for you--get another job". Lol

I went Christmas shopping with my Southern girlfriend and she was never taught to parallel park here in NC, I had to park her car.

Last edited by kelsie; 02-22-2009 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: added text

Old 02-22-2009, 01:17 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
CrazyW-I take the easy way with baby backs. I put them in a roasting pan, mix a bottle or so of bar-b-cue sauce and 1/2 cup jelly (grape,rasp, plum, strawberry), pour over, cover and cook at 225 for 4 hrs. Uncover and cook for about another hour turning every once in awhile.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:19 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Kelsie found a station here that has a certain pump for people like me and seniors-costs a little more but they pump. That's where I'll be headed tomorrow. Roads were slightly better today-this is the worst they've ever been and these guys are out 24/7.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:23 PM

Lacey, please be careful. How is Mr. L today?

I changed the dinner program, we had #8 spaghetti instead of Penne, it hit the spot.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:27 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
Jaxson usually I am pretty lucky.
What amazed me was I expected to see pretty much a ghost town.....we could barely find machines much less together and the hotel was completely sold out. Where is the recession???
At 7PM on a Friday night the garage was completely full the valet was full.

Lacey thank you I'll have to try that on the ribs.....have all the ingredients.
I may marinate them for a couple of days as tomorrow there will be no cooking. I have to recertify in CPR and First Aid so another long night.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:29 PM

CW: check out the "REAL" housewives of NYC--they are Recession Proof.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:42 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,916 times
Had company for dinner yesterday and made lasagna. Have tons left so I invited friends today so we can finish that up. Made way to much and have no freezer space so pretty easy day today.
Haven't been on for a while so haven't read all the previous posts but hope everyone is feeling better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink