Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 02:23 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I'm OK they are just checking a place on my back and neck from 5 years ago. Don't know why I think it is a waste of money but seems doctors always want to order expensive things.

Thanks for asking!

Kats be sure to stock up on those Valdalia onions you will miss them not being available all the time. When will you move?
Better safe than sorry!!

We will iron out the details over the next few days ang go from there. I know DH will go up first and get settled into a routine of sorts, and we will be looking around as we can.

Love my vidalias! LOL, but I am sure we can get them there too - and I am sure we will be visiting mom and dad (and vice a versa) quite a bit! I will surely miss them though!

Old 02-24-2009, 02:56 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Kat- That is wonderful news. Good luck on the plans and your move. Is your new area far from where you live now?

Jaxson- I hope everything turns out good for you.

mth- Thank you for the info and the picture. I never heard of a King Cake. Enjoy it.

Counting down the minutes before dinner. Veggie burger here I come, lol. I bought a pack of Boca Burgers today. I'll try those soon.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:12 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Tonight my mother and stepfather are coming for dinner. I'm making boneless pork bbq ribs, mashed potatos, green beans, cornbread and I bought a Pepperidge Farm coconut cake for dessert. I was going to make a chocolate cake but decided not to at the store last night. I'm glad I bought the cake because ds was up all night coughing and none of us got sleep last night. It was one less thing to worry about.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:13 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I'm OK they are just checking a place on my back and neck from 5 years ago. Don't know why I think it is a waste of money but seems doctors always want to order expensive things.

Thanks for asking!

Kats be sure to stock up on those Valdalia onions you will miss them not being available all the time. When will you move?
I'm glad you're ok!

Old 02-24-2009, 03:31 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Better safe than sorry!!

We will iron out the details over the next few days ang go from there. I know DH will go up first and get settled into a routine of sorts, and we will be looking around as we can.

Love my vidalias! LOL, but I am sure we can get them there too - and I am sure we will be visiting mom and dad (and vice a versa) quite a bit! I will surely miss them though!
There will be vidalias where you are moving to...I even get them in FL...Same onion as what we grow in our strawberries....We can't call them Vidalias becaue that is a trademarked name...Not really a variety...Research Texas Granex onions...What makes Vidalias so good is when the soil is low in sulfur they are the best...

Old 02-24-2009, 03:43 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
It's been a long day. I can't even think about cooking so I am sure there are some leftovers in the fridge.

I am enjoying my martini as I type (hick).

Old 02-24-2009, 03:49 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
I am feeling very low in Vitamin M(argarita) right now.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:06 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I am feeling very low in Vitamin M(argarita) right now.
Jose Cuervo is a friend of mine!!!

Old 02-24-2009, 04:12 PM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
I have two chicken leg quarters marinating in buttermilk, that I will season with a Turkish spice mix and bake.....and I have some home made bread stuffing that I made from a Panera sour dough baguette with sausage, onion, celery, some spinach, broth, and Bells Seasoning and a little curry paste (smells good) and I am about to make some rice and I am baking acorn squash that I am finishing with a brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, clove, ginger and walnut filling.

I made home made brownies.

I am feeling pretty confident about this meal.

We are looking forward to President Obama's speech....so we'll eat at 8 so we are done by 9.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:15 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Okay all of you haven't made it to the end yet-pages till to go but all this Fat Tues. talk is making me drool.

I'm having cicken cacciatore out of the freezer.

SKBS-I am absolutely paranoid about Ash Weds and Good Fri and those are the days you crave the beef!

Had the day from he!!-they had surgeons ready for Mr. L as I arrived this morning-I cancelled my fitting for tonight. They had done CT scan and were removing and resectioning his intestine-so surgeon said NO wedding for Mr.L.

I guess after discussions,etc they decided an aspiration and believe me what they got was ugly and HUGE. He was like a different person. Has a drain and will for a few. Surgery will be a definite when we get back. May not leave when we planned but what the heck-I need to get there with my love and intact.

I rescheduled my fitting for Thurs.-laughinly saying blizzard could hit-guess what? Yep very bad snow Thurs poss. 10". Am I Irish or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink