Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 12:02 PM

2,994 posts, read 3,764,488 times

Advertisements

hello everybody!
what's news in your kitcken?

Tonight...I'm going to eat pizza with my swimmingpool's friends

Old 03-12-2009, 12:06 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,245,086 times
[b]Cyn[b], I am amazed at the Country Vets here. Our Vet and his wife both do seminars all over California and Europe about Holistic medicine. He has even come to our home in his mobile unit to check up on our white furry child (if there is a rare bug out there ours will get it).
My bf in So. NJ called me about 9 mos. ago, within a 4 mo. period her "Sadie" a 4 yr. old Dalmation, kept having seizures. One lasted 20 mins. and they almost lost her. She spent days in the hospital with an extremely high fever. There was no diagnosis after a $4,000 bill and more tests to come. My bf was at her wits end. My Vet had her fax over all of Sadie's medical reports. DH & I were at his Mobile Unit when he called her from NC to NJ and put it right on the line with her. Sadie was having seizures a couple of days after her distemper shots. My friend told him that she was due to have her shot a couple of months later and our Vet told her that Sadie would be dead in a week after the distemper shot. He told her what food to give her, no pig ears, corn, wheat etc. She did what he said and it is almost a year now and her girl is fine. She even makes her own treats for her now. Payment for the diagnosis, I made the family lemon chicken & rice.

Cyn, this is your dinner table and you can talk about anything you like, and we are all your extended family here to listen & help at anytime.

Dinner tonight, eggplant parm for dh, I make it and detest it, I'll have spaghetti and meatballs. kelsie

Last edited by kelsie; 03-12-2009 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-12-2009, 12:27 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Sadie didn't get to come home last night! But we did get to sit with her for a couple of hours a visit. The Dr. said I "could" bring her home but I could see she wasn't well enough and the Dr. even said if she got worse to bring her back in today--and they are closed today. BUT..the good thing is the Dr. decided to take Sadie home with him to care for her.
Prayers from me for Sadie. You couldn't ask for better care! It's all very hopeful and looking good!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:46 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Unfortunately I'm on the road and working in the middle of the night...that leads to meals from 24 hour fast food places and gasoline stations. So dinner is protein bars and burritos.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:39 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Just had a brainstorm...BLT salad might just be dinner...

Old 03-12-2009, 01:49 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
I'm considering lasagna--Stouffers for dinner tonight. I cannot even think well enough to try to actually prepare a decent meal right now. I'm keeping busy--have to. Doing things that don't require any use of the old brain! Getting anxious for another update.........

Old 03-12-2009, 01:58 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,414,906 times
Was going to out for dinner but looked in the frig and have so many left overs.........I just hate throwing good things away and with no meat tomorrow it's tonight or trash

Old 03-12-2009, 01:59 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Busy is a good thing Cyn....As you can see I have done a lot of that lately...I'm thinking about just splitting those two fryers I got to day down the back and butterflying them on the grill. I just really can't decide...

Old 03-12-2009, 02:19 PM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
I am making a vegetable beef stew.....cooking it long and low as the stew meat is pretty tough.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:23 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
[b]Cyn[b], I am amazed at the Country Vets here. Our Vet and his wife both do seminars all over California and Europe about Holistic medicine. He has even come to our home in his mobile unit to check up on our white furry child (if there is a rare bug out there ours will get it).
My bf in So. NJ called me about 9 mos. ago, within a 4 mo. period her "Sadie" a 4 yr. old Dalmation, kept having seizures. One lasted 20 mins. and they almost lost her. She spent days in the hospital with an extremely high fever. There was no diagnosis after a $4,000 bill and more tests to come. My bf was at her wits end. My Vet had her fax over all of Sadie's medical reports. DH & I were at his Mobile Unit when he called her from NC to NJ and put it right on the line with her. Sadie was having seizures a couple of days after her distemper shots. My friend told him that she was due to have her shot a couple of months later and our Vet told her that Sadie would be dead in a week after the distemper shot. He told her what food to give her, no pig ears, corn, wheat etc. She did what he said and it is almost a year now and her girl is fine. She even makes her own treats for her now. Payment for the diagnosis, I made the family lemon chicken & rice.
In defense of NJ vets I'll say that years ago I had a parakeet that developed a swollen abdomen, it took some doing but I found a vet to treat her, after paying what many told me was foolish $$$ (probably 20X+ the cost of a parakeet), the doc did some razzle-dazzle and the bird lived another 3+ years to about 7 1/2, a pretty good life span for a small bird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Cyn, this is your dinner table and you can talk about anything you like, and we are all your extended family here to listen & help at anytime.
What she said!

Your thread, your choice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink