Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 08:48 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times

Advertisements

Good Monday Morning Foodie Friends!

Lacey, so glad you made it safe and sound. Enjoy a pepperoni pizza for me. Have a wonderful time with your family.

Amber, please give hugs to mom from me. Have lots of fun.

kats, thinking of you today.

Bella, this post is for you.

We had friends coming over for their birthday dinner Sat. night. The menu was written down & planned. We have a tradition, birthday people pick what dinner they want. My one friend wanted eggplant parm, the other, chicken parm. Now we all know here at Cyn's table that kelsie cannot bake. I went to our pastry shop and bought, cannoli, eggclairs, cheesecake, tiramisu, raspberry tortes. With dessert & food shopping completed, it was time to go home and start prepping. To free up space in the fridge, I took all of the desserts & placed them in a tray and covered them up. Friday I made the much time consumed eggplant parm., covered the foil tray and put in the fridge to settle for Sats. much anticipated dinner. Sat. morning started cutting up the apps. of stuffed mozzarella & proscuitto, making garlic bread, moz., tomatoes, & fresh basil and started to bread and prepare the chick. parm. DH came home a little early from work to help with the last min. things, my dinner guests were coming at 5:00. At 4:30 I put the chicken parm. in the top oven at 350 degrees. Since the eggplant parm. only had to warm up, I put the steamer tray of water on the bottom rack of the second oven, the eggplant on the top shelf, set the temp to 200 and dinner was taking care of itself. When my friends came I told them that I had a surprise that I baked their birthday desserts, my one friend looked at the other and said, "I am not feeling the love", the other, "that warm & fuzzy feeling just left me". We sat down and proceeded with eating an array of apps. 6:00 I put the water on for the potato Gnocchi. Took the chick. parm. out of the top oven to put more gravy on it & popped it back in the oven. Took the eggplant out to do the same, opened it up and screamed Dead silence in the kitchen as my h came over to me, "what the h--l". With tears streaming down my face, I looked at my friends & said "I really did bake your desserts". Instead of the eggplant I put the entire tray of desserts in the oven and baked them.
After the initial shock and tears, we had the greatest time ever. Dinner turned out delicious, pictures were taken of the dessert tray, we laughed until we couldn't laugh any more. We put the tray in the fridge and a couple hours later we dug in and ate the interesting assortment and laughed more.
You know I will never live this down.
This should go in its forum, "bloopers in the kitchen by kelsie".

Tonight I am doing simple, cheeseburgers, salad, & oven fries.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. kelsie

Old 03-16-2009, 08:57 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Aaawwww, Kelsie.....sorry to hear that your desserts were "twice baked", but I'm sure they still tasted good later and now you'll have a great story to tell for a long time.

Loved the 'sketti straining stories!

Lacey, sounds like you're having a wonderful time. Wish I were there.

Not sure what's for dinner tonight. I think hamburgers on the grill.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:09 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Well CYN and I are finally together. Spirits are better. No worries foodies.
We had a nice family dinner. Mom's spag suace hit home We had a spinache salad with rasberry vinegarette, vidalia onions, & sweet and tangy beets.
I have missed so much but am really enjoying my time here

Thank you all for your support and encouraging words to my mom. We have had some sad talk but laughter and love will help all ails.

How fortunate (or fated by some grand scheme?) that you're there for your Mom during what must be a tough stretch. You're absolutely right, the laughter and love will see everyone through.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:28 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,894 times
Nachos tonight. It's all I can handle with all the work I've got to complete today.

Cyn, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved pet is one of the most heartwrenching experiences we go through. As others have said, in time, your pain will ease the the wonderful memories will comfort you. Big hugs for you. So glad you've Amber there with you now.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:45 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Kelsie-Wow! That must have been such a shock! Glad you pulled a good time out of it though! Maybe it should go down in "new and interesting desserts" by kelsie!!

Lacey-Glad you are having a good time!

Cyn and Amber-so nice that you are spending this time together and what better timing, huh?

Sounds like there will be alot of corned beef and cabbage going around here, today and tomorrow. Anyone have a fave recipe? I do mine in the crockpot too, I usually just throw it all in there.

I think I am making homemade mac and cheese with ham tonight. Went shopping for it and forgot the darn macaroni! So, if the spirit moves me, I will be off to get some.

Enjoy your day!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:08 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
Hi all
It is going to take me forever to catch up but it does my heart good to know Amber is with Cyn. and I am so glad Lacey made it "home".
Well the party has come and gone and I pulled it off and still surprised him with the guests WooHoo!!!!!!

I have so many leftovers so I guess I overcooked as usual but I ended up having 49 people and the weather could not have been more perfect as we got to set some tables up outside. What a treat that was.
Good time had by all and I am tired today.

Be back later. Have a great afternoon.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:13 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
Funny kitchen blooper stories!!

Tonight for dinner will be something simple -- soup or some cheese tortellini with pesto. It is so nice outside!! I feel spring

Old 03-16-2009, 11:19 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Corned beef is beginning to smell really good....That crock pot is going to start getting used more. The inventor must had like napping like I do.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:36 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
I forgot to mention -- we are making corned beef in the crock pot tomorrow

Old 03-16-2009, 12:33 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Thank you everyone. You are all wonderful!! It isn't easy and we're doing just ok. Amber went back to her brothers today as they are all celebrating St. Patricks day at my sons home. It is her hubbys last day here and he and my son a good friends. It was wonderful to have them here and she and my grandson will be back in a couple of days to stay a bit longer. I am looking forward to that. Thanks for keeping the thread up and going with happy faces and wonderful menus!!
Dinner tonight will be another Stouffers frozen dinner--broccoli noodle bake.

Last edited by cynwldkat; 03-16-2009 at 01:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink