Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2009, 11:35 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times

Advertisements

Bbq chicken, potatoes "all rotten," as we said when I was a kid, rice. I know. Two starches? Bad, bjh! But the rice needed to be eaten and dessert was tangerines. Lots of vitamin C.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:37 PM
bjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Tomorrow my youngest is having nose surgery at 1pm prayers, good thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Might be able to check in before we leaving for the surgery center.
I hope all goes well!

Old 03-22-2009, 11:45 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Kats thank you!

MWBW you as well for my DD. Now I will look for that other Worcestershire sauce thanks for that link so I see what it is.

bjh we do too this is going to be a painful surgery we have been told.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:50 PM
bjh

I'm sorry to hear that Jaxson. I understand that it's also painful for you, in a different way, of course.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:04 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Morning all.

Jaxson we're all here and praying, pulling,etc. Tell DD she's engulfed in cyber-hugs.

Fish was great-so much fish I thought I'd be sauteing forever-have leftovers for dinner. Thought I'd made homemade mac n cheese or maybe french fries.

Today I'm making a huge pot of gravy,meatballs,sausage and pork for tomorrow.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:37 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,726,077 times
Quote:
Tomorrow my youngest is having nose surgery at 1pm prayers, good thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Might be able to check in before we leaving for the surgery center.
Very good thoughts coming your way, all the way from Australia! My youngest had nose surgery 3 years ago. Now my oldest will be getting the same in July. Runs in the family - horribly deviated septums - S-shaped. Even the doctors are all 'whoa! what's with that septum?' Beautifully flawed, I say.

Last night's pork tenderloins turned out great. I took elston's advice to not overcook them (thanks elston!). I went with an orange cranberry sauce which was fab! I wanted something different to the typical apple and pork combo.

Tonight, I made a quick soup out of the leftover Osso Buco sauce from Friday night's meal. I just added chicken stock, diced potatoes and carrots, simmered it for a while. Nice crusty Italian bread. Yum. Very satisfied.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:05 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
NMS it was for my FIL...He just turned 94 I think...Anyway he put down his share of ribs and cake....He is quite a red meat eater and egg eater. Cheese and crackers too. And he keeps a private stash of snicker bars...A lot of picky eaters and dietiticians could learn a lot from him. I just had a nap after all that and am off to find the ice cream if the wife didn't finsih it off.
Wow! Happy B'day to the FIL. Good for him!

Quote:
Good very late evening foodies! Today was a super duper day around my parts! Started off with a baptism at church followed by a 3 hour lunch with 5 families afterwards ending with us enjoying the wonderful weather outside all day! Been some mighty good sounding meals up in here today for sure!

kimba glad you got your computer back. I didn't realize you could bake an Angel food cake in a 9x13" pan.

HG what do you put in your breakfast burritos?

MWBW white-wine Worcestershire sauce? Never heard of it have to look for it.

Nomad happy bday to your 94 yo FIL that is awesome!

Lacey didn't read any updates on your fish feast but I know it had to go well with you cooking!

We had a pizza buffet type of lunch today with a salad bar that was so fresh. Tonight we stayed outside so long that we just had spanish hot dogs and cottage cheese for supper.

Best wishes to your whole family, Jax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Very good thoughts coming your way, all the way from Australia! My youngest had nose surgery 3 years ago. Now my oldest will be getting the same in July. Runs in the family - horribly deviated septums - S-shaped. Even the doctors are all 'whoa! what's with that septum?' Beautifully flawed, I say.

Last night's pork tenderloins turned out great. I took elston's advice to not overcook them (thanks elston!). I went with an orange cranberry sauce which was fab! I wanted something different to the typical apple and pork combo.

Tonight, I made a quick soup out of the leftover Osso Buco sauce from Friday night's meal. I just added chicken stock, diced potatoes and carrots, simmered it for a while. Nice crusty Italian bread. Yum. Very satisfied.
Love that line - beautifully flawed. I may have to use that some day, if you don't mind! There are a lot of good cooks around here who are great teachers. Nobody minds sharing their secrets and we're all the richer for it.

Haven't figured out dinner tonite yet. I'll be in touch.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:20 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
Sweet and spicy pork with noodles. I cut up pork into very small strips and marinated in honey, soy sauce, ginger and red pepper flake. I cooked it on high until the liquid evaporated and the honey became an almost crispy glaze. I served it over noodles and stir fried vegetables, topped with scallions.
YUM-E. Sounds like my kind of meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Bbq chicken, potatoes "all rotten," as we said when I was a kid, rice. I know. Two starches? Bad, bjh! But the rice needed to be eaten and dessert was tangerines. Lots of vitamin C.
I have two things to say: potatoes all rotten? haha.
And secondly, a meal with two simple carbs in it sounds delicious to me, if not the healthiest.

Oh me oh my, we got a lot of yard work done this weekend.

Yesterday I roasted a chicken and with it we had loaded mashed potatoes and onions, candied butternut squash, and I meant to make salad for something green but we were too full.

The leftovers are making an excellent Mr. Bento lunch today.

Tonight's menu: choice of shredded beef or chicken tacos, with side offerings of thin sliced romaine & roma tomato in lime vinaigrette, grated cheese, taco sauce, and some carrot sticks. I could do refried beans & rice too, but I'm planning all my carbs tonight from the tortillas, bjh.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:57 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,245,086 times
Good Morning to all my foodie friends. Today is a beautiful, sunny, clear day in E. N.C., going up to the mid 50's.

Yesterday's spaghetti and clam sauce hit the spot with h & I, dipped the crusty bread in the clam sauce, it turned out delicious.

Sauteing ground sausage & meatballs for a pot of gravy that I am making for tonight's dinner. I am not sure what type of pasta I am making right now. Will check back later. Have a great morning everyone. kelsie

Old 03-23-2009, 08:15 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Hi foodies! They have called and pushed DD's surgery back to 1:30pm so we don't leave here until 11:30am. Thank you all for the prayers, thoughts and well wishes for her it brought a smile to her face.

Lacey I bet your family is happy campers with you there cooking for them. How is Mr. L doing?

I have pulled pork BBQ thawing in the fridge so we will have that along with some sides whenever we get home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink