Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 05:56 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

Denise-feel better. Molochai too.

VP stick with us-you'll love it.

Nite all.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:09 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,619,314 times
vpcats- give him time. soon you'll have brisket so tender it's better than steak!

My family knows how you feel. My daughter(9) hears that I'm smoke'n and says "meat again!". Kinda funny.

My smoker I don't have to watch as much. I can work and smoke at the same time, I can be gone over 4 hrs and not worry.

I will say that once you have a steak on a smoker, there is nothing better(if you like a hint of smoke in your steak). Wife and kids all agree on that one. Hamburgers and bratz are also great.

He may be hooked, so be ready. It won't get much better......but at least he's cook'n, eh?

Old 04-08-2008, 06:53 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
vpcats- give him time. soon you'll have brisket so tender it's better than steak!

My family knows how you feel. My daughter(9) hears that I'm smoke'n and says "meat again!". Kinda funny.

My smoker I don't have to watch as much. I can work and smoke at the same time, I can be gone over 4 hrs and not worry.

I will say that once you have a steak on a smoker, there is nothing better(if you like a hint of smoke in your steak). Wife and kids all agree on that one. Hamburgers and bratz are also great.

He may be hooked, so be ready. It won't get much better......but at least he's cook'n, eh?
I love to cook with charcoal and have been wanting to get a smoker for awhile. Do you use a Weber Smoker or one of those big ones that look like a half barrel?

Old 04-08-2008, 07:46 PM

311 posts, read 1,058,302 times
Soup... again.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:22 PM

739 posts, read 830,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
smoked spare ribs here tonight. Made 7 racks, 6 are for wifes church group. Try'n to stay on top of them while I work. 1 rack will feed us as I'm not a big rib fan, I just like to smoke them.

Most everything I cook is on the smoker. Would like to try cookies and cakes but wife thinks it would taste "funny". I go with her idea as I could care less about sweets, I haven't had cake for at least 10 yrs. Just don't care for it.

Anyway, if you want smoker ideas I'll do my best. Been doing it for yrs and don't know if there is much I haven't done.
My brother-in-law gave me the best recipe for BBQ ribs in the whole world! I can't wait to try them

Old 04-08-2008, 11:55 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Yes, have hubby get you chicken soup. I just made a big pot yesterday, I wish I could cyber it to you. The chicken soup does have healing powers. I hope you feel better soon.
That sounds good, wish you could cyber some too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
Molochai- do everything your doc says.... that's nothing to mess around with.
I've had it twice. It can put you in the hospital. Take good care and REST.
Just been relaxing on my recliner couch dozing and watching tv all day, don't work again until Friday so 2 more days of rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Molochai-no cooking for you! Just take your meds and get lots of rest-this is not something to mess with. You haven't felt well in awhile.

Now off to bed with you!!! Please feel better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
That is nothing to fool around with---stay in bed and let your hubbie take care of you. Just rest and get well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
I hope you feel better, let hubby get his own. Stay in bed and rest!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Denise-feel better. Molochai too.

VP stick with us-you'll love it.

Nite all.
Thanks for all the well wishes. Luckily hubby hasn't caught this crap so far (he never gets sick lucky guy.) Lots of water, OJ and sleep. Haven't felt too hungry, but have been eating to help with the healing and keep up my strength. Hopefully these antibiotics work.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:19 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
We'll have pasta tonight.

Hubby wanted spaghetti with garlic-herb sauce, mushrooms and prawns so I already cooked it and he had a helping for lunch and will have some more for dinner.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:24 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
Last night we got to sit in a suite at the baseball game ...... I felt like a celebrity! We had a buffet with brats, pizza, wings, fruit plate, veggie tray, chip and salsa, etc. and all the free drinks you could have. Best of all, we won!!

Off to work now, no idea what is on the menu tonight.....

Old 04-09-2008, 06:29 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead_Broker View Post
My brother-in-law gave me the best recipe for BBQ ribs in the whole world! I can't wait to try them
Welcome to the What's for dinner thread. Please, if you would..share this recipe with us. I love BBQ ribs and am always open for a new recipe!!

Old 04-09-2008, 06:33 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,044,320 times
I know what tonight's dinner is already. On Saturday/Sunday, I made pulled pork and we're having what's left of it tonight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink