Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2008, 06:36 PM

48,129 posts, read 22,004,457 times

Advertisements

Your new appliance sounds very much like what I just got. Mine is a jenaire stainless gas top and electric ovens. The top oven is short for cooking for two--which is what i usually do, the bottom oven is full size and is convection. I have more oven than I know what to do with.

Blessings Abound. It only took me 68 years to get to cook on something that is beautiful to behold and exceeds my capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
- You lucky girl. But it sounds like you definitely deserve all these wonderful kitchen appliances as I'm sure they'll be put to good use.

- I'd pack my bags now if I didn't have dh & ds (and, of course, the puppy) to leave behind!

But, seriously, I'd love to meet all you N. Carolinians if I ever get up there. Sounds like a nice way of life. Maybe we should have considered moving there instead of FL, I just didn't think us NY'ers with our hard accents would blend in too well there...maybe I was wrong! You all sound really satisfied with your lives there.

Enjoy cooking in that kitchen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
vp- now you really don't want someone to choke on that twine right?

rcg-can you pick me up on the way to the coast in E. NC---pleeeze--I'm quite and I cook.

elston-your kitchen sounds fabulous!! happy cooking

As a lot of you know we are in the middle of a major kitchen renovation, well I got the surprise of a lifetime yesterday, my dh (a kitchen designer) came home with a black/stainless Maytag Gemini 5 burner, freestanding double oven range, one oven a regular range, the bottom convection. This is going to make cooking a breeze.

miken-do you want to come and live with us now?

Old 04-21-2008, 06:36 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
I'll take the puppy if you want.
Funny, but you didn't offer to take the boy! Can't seem to find any takers for a hyper 8yr old!

Old 04-21-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Your new appliance sounds very much like what I just got. Mine is a jenaire stainless gas top and electric ovens. The top oven is short for cooking for two--which is what i usually do, the bottom oven is full size and is convection. I have more oven than I know what to do with.

Blessings Abound. It only took me 68 years to get to cook on something that is beautiful to behold and exceeds my capacity.
Well, then...all the more you'll be enjoying it and churning out the amazing stuff you create!

Old 04-21-2008, 06:40 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Awwww Elston... but nice pretty appliances are so nice to look at.

I thought buying all new SS when I redid my kitchen 2 or 3 years ago would induce me to learn to cook. NO WAY! It's too hard to keep SS clean.

And anyway, you're worth it!

Old 04-21-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Miken-Keep that accent, it's unique.

Back to winter here so chicken n dumplings was a good call. It's 32 right now. Yuk!
No, I'm proud of my accent, although I will admit I've worked hard on changing my pronunciation of Oregon from Or-e-gone to Ore-gun when a girl I worked with in Vegas couldn't understand what state I was talking about. I've also toned the the "coughfee" and the like a bit.

Keep warm, hopefully spring will come soon for you and grace you with the potential homebuyers that usually come with it!

Tonight was leftovers, but tomorrow's dinner will probably be French toast & bacon. Need a break from meat & pasta, and I generally don't eat fish.

Last edited by mikenbacismama; 04-21-2008 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 04-21-2008, 07:12 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
No, I'm proud of my accent, although I will admit I've worked hard on changing my pronunciation of Oregon from Or-e-gone to Ore-gun when a girl I worked with in Vegas couldn't understand what state I was talking about. I've also toned the the "coughfee" and the like a bit.

Keep warm, hopefully spring will come soon for you and grace you with the potential homebuyers that usually come with it!

Tonight was leftovers, but tomorrow's dinner will probably be French toast & bacon. Need a break from meat & pasta, and I generally don't eat fish.
Wow French Toast sounds great. I haven't had that in a while.

OK. I'll take the ds for a couple of hours so the puppy can play with him.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:08 PM

187 posts, read 614,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
VP-I use canned beans-either Goya or Progresso. Always have black/red/dark, cannelli/garbanzos in the pantry. Also always have Goya Sanzone packets for seasonings.
My inlaws are Puerto Rican and use goya sazon packets on everything, good stuff! Scrambled eggs, chicken and rice and beans. My daughter loves it on dill pickles!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:50 PM

48,129 posts, read 22,004,457 times
My dear partner just wanted "noodles" for supper tonight, as we ate pizza at 3:30 and neither of us were really hungry.

"Noodles" consists of a couple of cans or a box of chicken broth, napa cabbage, bean sprouts, soy sauce, and ramen noodles, perhaps onion or scallion or not, and some meat or meats--tonight was chicken gizzards and some left over sausage...other days its chicken or better yet thinly slice pork roast or baby clams.

He loves it and its always "ready".

Old 04-21-2008, 09:29 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,736,026 times
Cajun spiced white-fish, mashed potatoes, peas. pretty uneventful....

Old 04-21-2008, 10:23 PM

27,343 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Im going over there for dinner tomorrow, lol. Love that cajun food!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink