Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 09:58 AM

601 posts, read 1,899,118 times

Advertisements

Thnx for the recipe Moving!!! I've never tried one with pickel relish but sounds tasty . I just asked my boss if I could use the last 1/2 day of vacation time I had saved from alst year and she said yes!!!! So I'm outa here in an hour

Old 05-23-2008, 10:00 AM

8,306 posts, read 3,463,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
Salad (like every night)
Whole wheat pasta with spinach, garlic and olive oil
Vegetarian "meat"balls in marinara sauce

yummy! my daughter said she could eat the veggie meatballs every night for the rest of her life
Faina, that sounds so yummy
Could you please share the recipe

Old 05-23-2008, 10:04 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,191,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
Thnx for the recipe Moving!!! I've never tried one with pickel relish but sounds tasty . I just asked my boss if I could use the last 1/2 day of vacation time I had saved from alst year and she said yes!!!! So I'm outa here in an hour
Yeah for an early vacation day!!!!!

If the relish worries you, you could always leave it out. I found though it gives the salad the kick it needs.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Yeah for an early vacation day!!!!!

If the relish worries you, you could always leave it out. I found though it gives the salad the kick it needs.
Yes, I plan on leaving in the relish I'll be heading to the store on my way home and picking up all the makings.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:16 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,191,101 times
Oh sorry I forgot to add make sure you peel the potatoes once they are cool. Sorry

Old 05-23-2008, 10:18 AM

431 posts, read 1,637,771 times
Quote:
enjoy the the rest of your day and don't forget to pick up a little pick me up for your self. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Old 05-23-2008, 10:29 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,408,287 times
I have decided on making "Rouladen" (Brasciole) tonite for dinner.
Since I will be working, I am prepping them now, so my husband and son just need to re- heat them.

This is how I prepare them.....
Thin Beef Top Round slices, lay them out flat
Season the one side (which will get rolled up) with Pepper and Salt
Spread thin layer of reg. mustard over seasoned slices.
Add a bacon slice, several thin cut slices of a dill pickle, and some slices of fresh mushrooms.
Roll them up, and secure them with a toothpick.
Brown them from all sides.....take them out, and set aside.
Prepare a brown gravy, bring to a boil, turn heat way down after it was on a quick boil.
Add the Brasciole back into the skillet, submerge into the gravy.
Cover, and simmer (on lowest setting) for about 90 minutes.
Serve with Potato dumplings and veggies or salad.

This would be considered a typical German dinner.
Enjoy!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
I have decided on making "Rouladen" (Brasciole) tonite for dinner.
Since I will be working, I am prepping them now, so my husband and son just need to re- heat them.

This is how I prepare them.....
Thin Beef Top Round slices, lay them out flat
Season the one side (which will get rolled up) with Pepper and Salt
Spread thin layer of reg. mustard over seasoned slices.
Add a bacon slice, several thin cut slices of a dill pickle, and some slices of fresh mushrooms.
Roll them up, and secure them with a toothpick.
Brown them from all sides.....take them out, and set aside.
Prepare a brown gravy, bring to a boil, turn heat way down after it was on a quick boil.
Add the Brasciole back into the skillet, submerge into the gravy.
Cover, and simmer (on lowest setting) for about 90 minutes.
Serve with Potato dumplings and veggies or salad.

This would be considered a typical German dinner.
Enjoy!
One of my Favorites!!!!! My cousin Gabi would always request this when we went to her mom's house in Germany.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:51 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,408,287 times
Quote:
One of my Favorites!!!!! ...
You sound like my DH now....LOL.
He's American (from Italian decent) and I've got him completely "hooked" on this dish.
I am working on "hooking" my neighbors now.....LOL.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:16 PM

68,273 posts, read 54,010,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Don't know if its killer or not but here's my Potato salad

4-5 potatos boiled cooled cubed
3-4 hardboiled eggs diced
1/2 green pepper minced
1 stalk celery minced
1/2 onion minced
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
mayo enough to bind
little bit of frenchs mustard to taste
salt and pepper

I have to say this is the one recipe that I really don't have a recipe for. I do it mostly by taste. Ok boil, chill cut up potatoes. Put in bowl with rest of ingredients. I start with a couple of hefty spoonfuls of mayo (has to be the real stuff)stir, add a little mustard, stir and taste. Keep adding mayo and mustard til it tastes right. Sorry its not more accurate.
Thanks for the ideas. Local market had a relatively decent local potato salad for 3lbs/$1.99, not much in it but potatoes, mayo, vinegar, and the usual commercial preservatives Added the eggs, green pepper, relish, celery, onion, dry mustard, and a no work, no fuss, pretty decent salad in minutes

Will be good with grilled smoked turkey/pepper jack/roasted red pepper sandwiches.

Last edited by burdell; 05-23-2008 at 03:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink