Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 01:37 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Okay, we all need to band together and help LaceyEx get through these cooking blaas! She has always been there for me and I am sure she would be there for any of us with some more of her great ideas. We aren't going to let you get burned out now LaceyEx...we need your input here. I'm doing my ring bologna tonight. One of my husbands favorites. But I think this time I'm cooking it with beans--baked or pork and beans. He said he wants to try it that way. Guess I'm just going t make something up. Wish me luck, that's not one of my better attributes!! No recipe and I'm lost.
Too true, will put on my thinking cap, and see what I can come up with!
To me, a recipe is just a vague suggestion!

Old 01-16-2008, 01:45 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Sam23--- YUMMY!! Boy that does sound good. Did you just make that up? Really sounds amazing. I will try that one for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
I have been reading all of your posts in this thread... and besides making me hungry... and salivating... I think I have actually gained a few pounds just from the reading! Hope your families appreciate all the work and planning ya'll do in keeping them so well-fed!

Great posts, everyone! Thanks for sharing all the good recipes, too!
This thread is amazing....just a bunch of us trying to figure out what to make for dinner. I love coming here. Everyone is so helpful and we all are having fun. That's what life is suppose to be about, right? And to get a great meal on top of it all----well you just can't beat it.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:50 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
This thread is amazing....just a bunch of us trying to figure out what to make for dinner. I love coming here. Everyone is so helpful and we all are having fun. That's what life is suppose to be about, right? And to get a great meal on top of it all----well you just can't beat it.
Me, too! I feel like I am in a big room with good friends, how cool is that!

Old 01-16-2008, 02:15 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,942,261 times
Did Lacey mention shrimp and linguine? or clams and linguine? That sounds good -- have to make it this weekend!

Other ideas: spaghetti and meatballs, baked ravioli, enchiladas, fish tacos, stir fry, baked salmon with pesto, pulled pork, steak and mushrooms, pork chops and egg noodles, tuna casserole, turkey tetrazzini, crab cakes, etc.

I love to google "food blogs" or throw an ingredient into allrecipes.com and see what comes up.

(Can you tell I skipped lunch and am now starving?)

Old 01-16-2008, 02:36 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Thanx all-just the winter blahs-it's been a long, cold, gray one here in MN. Still plugging away at the old stove tho.

Highlands-yes may make linguine w/white clam sauce. When we lived in NJ (shore area) we had all the fresh clams,mussels, fish. Out here all fish is frozen (mainly from China) and nary a clam to be found except in cans-but I adapted. I also think I'm in a "missing my kids and grandkids funk". But I'll survive. Coming here everyday and having all of you and your great ideas is great therapy.

Hugs to All!!!!

Old 01-16-2008, 02:42 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,956,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Thanx all-just the winter blahs-it's been a long, cold, gray one here in MN. Still plugging away at the old stove tho.

Highlands-yes may make linguine w/white clam sauce. When we lived in NJ (shore area) we had all the fresh clams,mussels, fish. Out here all fish is frozen (mainly from China) and nary a clam to be found except in cans-but I adapted. I also think I'm in a "missing my kids and grandkids funk". But I'll survive. Coming here everyday and having all of you and your great ideas is great therapy.

Hugs to All!!!!

I'm from NJ! It's not as cold here as it normally is in January ..and certainly not as cold as you are right now...but ....its been gloomy - rainy - your not missing anything...at least out there you get to see the beautiful snow!

Old 01-16-2008, 02:51 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,956,390 times
Tonite is going to be very very simple - Our first sit down dinner all week actually -

Pasta (shells) with Mama Lucia meatballs - Prego Ricotta Parmesan sauce, and 5 min garlic bread.

I can't wait to sit at the table with my kids and hubby and talk - its been so busy so far!

Old 01-16-2008, 02:55 PM

690 posts, read 2,629,391 times
I'm craving pasta like mad, so I'm going to make turkey spaghetti with whole wheat noodles - remember our diet? *sigh*
The non-pasta-loving hubby said he'll eat it, so we'll see what happens. Wish me luck - this is new to me! Wheat pasta and turkey....hmmmm. *crossing fingers*

Old 01-16-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

Hugs to All!!!!
Oh LaceyEx....I do understand---I'm right here with you as far as the kids and grandkids go. Sure wish we lived closer...we could comfort each other a bit better. I so understand and I so miss my family. Guess ya'll have sorta taken the place of my family by being able to share the good things in life....well cooking anyhow!! We just need to stick together and it will all work itself out...I have to believe that!! I am here if you need a shoulder...I may need your's as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink