Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2008, 01:12 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
NMS... don't most people eat it when they get hungry? Why do you want to throw it in the oven at that point? What are you going to eat????

I'm beginning to worry about you ya know.
VP, you're somethin' else, woman.

DH is out on the patio right now, grilling some brats and Italian sausages, just in case we don't like the brats (neither one of us has ever eaten them before!). So, as soon as he says the word, I'm on the lanai with the mac salad, onions/peppers and my ice cold beer. mmmmmmm.....

Old 06-29-2008, 01:53 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
It will be a shock to the poor dear when he hears, "I'm not a short order cook and if you think I am cooking a seperate meal for every member of this family, you have another thing coming!
LOL, he's the only one I would do it for..

Old 06-29-2008, 01:57 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,386,752 times
No cooking today - yippie.

Went to this harbor festival in a nearby city late this morning. They had great food and I had this mini bread (about as big as a bagel) stuffed with cheese and bacon and topped with some sourcream and fresh herbs. It came directly out of the oven and it was so yummie!

That's why we only had some fresh bread and salami and cheese tonight.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
chili peppers n bifstake, apple sauce, tortilla.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:10 PM

48,125 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
LOL, he's the only one I would do it for..
and I understand...and in truth....I have been known to cater to my boys individual tastes when they were little.....mercy me that was so many years ago....but they also knew as a rule they ate what was served
unless they really hated it....like fish or sea food for one of em.....but he liked "fish sticks with ketchup"

Old 06-29-2008, 02:17 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,191,283 times
Tonight is pulled pork, cole slaw & hash brown casserole. Yummy!

Old 06-29-2008, 02:34 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
and I understand...and in truth....I have been known to cater to my boys individual tastes when they were little.....mercy me that was so many years ago....but they also knew as a rule they ate what was served
unless they really hated it....like fish or sea food for one of em.....but he liked "fish sticks with ketchup"
One of my daughters used to eat fishsticks with ketchup too, now she won't touch them...

Old 06-29-2008, 04:22 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,957,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
Anything has to be better than BBQ chips, lol!
LOL - hey now....don't dis the chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Unless the dip's really good!!!!!!!!!
hehehe

Old 06-29-2008, 04:32 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Chicken picatta, a Tomato/onion/cheese pie, a glass or two of Pino Grigio, and fresh kiwi, watermelon and pineapple.
Leftover rhubarb pie for dessert.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:37 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1980 View Post
I was going to make cubed steak, fried chicken, a layered English pea/sour cream and cheese salad, a sweet potato casserole, a broccoli and cheese casserole, corn bread, lobster bisque, butterbeans, snap beans, brunswick stew, cheese and macaroni, pork chops, black eyed peas, tuna fish salad and a caramel cake. My friend is coming over in a little while. But I come home from work and seen a stray dog standing in my yard! I ran in the trailer and grabbed my 12 gauge and came back out and shot him. It barely grazed him though. He ran up under my carport and got behind my freezer bleeding like a stuck pig. I got some rope from my pickup truck and drug him out from behind the freezer and tied him to a tree and shot him again. He bit me while I was working with him, so I reckon now I've got to get a tetanus shot. I loaded the carcass onto my pickup truck and drove him to the dump. Then I come home and cleaned out the blood from my carport as best I could with some wash rags, a hand full of bleach and the water hose. Now I'm so give out that I decided to cook something else for supper. I grabbed some catfish from the freezer and am frying them now with some hushpuppies and sliced french fried potatoes. We're just gone make do with that and some leftover peach cobbler for dessert.
Yeah, I just hate when that happens.
Once, when Boopsie and I were having martini's on the veranda, this big old wild pig came a squeeling round the corner by the pool house. We had been going to have some crumpets for dinner, but we had the butler kill the pig with a croquet mallet and put it on the barbie. Tasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink