Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 03:51 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times

Advertisements

Nope---never ever had em that way. I just like the whole artichoke simmered until done and then enjoy each and every leaf plus that yummy heart!! I use mayo with it but hubby likes butter! I have a hard time understanding anyone stuffing such a great piece of art! I'm sure they are good that way too just never tried it that way. Was raised on artichokes and this is the way we always ate them!! Yum!!

Old 07-27-2008, 03:52 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,133,948 times
Smile White clam sauce on linguine. They come a-running!

I've already sauteed the onions and garlic in butter and olive oil. I just added some clam juice and lemon zest with the juice from one lemon. Now, to reduce my sauce by half. Add some fresh sliced basil and 1 pound of chopped clams at the end. Lots of pepper!

Wonderful white clam sauce - easy - some linguine and a green salad. Add some crusty Italian bread sliced extra thick - and ring the dinner bell.

It should be ready in about 25 minutes. Gotta' go!!

Old 07-27-2008, 03:54 PM

Wink What am I going to make tonight? No, not again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I couldn't find a thread covering this but I could have missed it if there is one. Anyhow, I don't know about anyone else but I am so tired of just figuring out WHAT to make for dinner each night!! I get stuck making the same dishes and it's getting old fast!! Please help by giving us all some interesting and easy ideas!!!
Sounds like Chinese take-out to me, cyn!!

Last edited by gemkeeper; 07-27-2008 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: I just realized that my computer jumped back to the very first page long, long ago!! Sorry, cynwldkat. But, take-out is gd!

Old 07-27-2008, 04:52 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,304,281 times
Talking ha ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I take my self administered time out at the market shopping for new dinner ideas. Sometimes I only get in a little longer when the Mrs. sees what I've gone and done...

what's that ? gone and filled the dang cart with hot pockets....lmao

Old 07-27-2008, 04:55 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,542,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
Happy Sunday! No clue what's for dinner tonight, hubby is cooking for a change. Right about now I would like a bite of all the food that everybody is having or had last night, lol.
Hubby made surf and turf, steak and pan seared scallops. He also made asparagus and sliced some tomatoes and cucumbers with oil and vinegar. And the best part he even cleaned up the kitchen when he was done!

Old 07-27-2008, 05:03 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
Thumbs down Hot pockets

Not hotpockets every again unless I'm incharge of the making them. I mange to fill the cart up with good stuff ya know. Just get home and the fridge and freezer will not hold it all.

I get all educated here with culinary ideas that keep me in trouble but it is so much fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
what's that ? gone and filled the dang cart with hot pockets....lmao

Old 07-27-2008, 05:28 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,304,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Not hotpockets every again unless I'm incharge of the making them. I mange to fill the cart up with good stuff ya know. Just get home and the fridge and freezer will not hold it all.

I get all educated here with culinary ideas that keep me in trouble but it is so much fun.
so whata ya do ? take it over to your neighbors and fill their fridge too....lol

Old 07-27-2008, 05:34 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
so whata ya do ? take it over to your neighbors and fill their fridge too....lol
Nope, My mother's freezer a few blocks away. Every feel like you've been setup? For the record the meat loaf was so gooooood. I had some of that Sweet Baby's Rays on mine and mine tummy is very happy at the moment. Give it an hour and it will be a begging for some of the Key Lime...

Old 07-27-2008, 05:36 PM

Hot Pockets can be good in a pinch, too, Nomadicus. Personally, I would prefer Denise's Surf & Turf tonight that her hubby made!!

Do you just buy the goodies, Nomadicus or do you cook, as well? Sounds too good to be true to a gal whose husband thinks the grocery store only carries donuts!

Denise - what a guy!!!

Old 07-27-2008, 05:40 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,334,402 times
Spouse is out there firing up the grill, and I see ahi tuna steaks out thawing, so I know that's the basis for tonight's supper. Knowing him, there'll probably be some sort of brushed-on combination of spices with an olive oil base, and it'll likely be a combination that he's never tried before, because he thinks it's boring to cook things the same way all the time.

He'll probably add a couple of the zucchs that we got at the Farmers' Market yesterday (he splits 'em down the middle, brushes with olive oil and grills for a few moments on each side) and hopefully the season's first sweet corn that we also got at the market.

I already know what's for dessert. The blueberry pie I made this afternoon is cooling on the kitchen counter, and the vanilla ice cream is ready in the freezer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink