Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2008, 03:46 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times

Advertisements

tonight is beef noodle hamburger helper with a salad

Old 08-21-2008, 03:50 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post

I'm not doing a very good job cooking lately.
I know that feeling - it comes and goes here too! I just don't bother mentioning the frozen pizza nights...too many of them to count...Sometimes I have to go and read all my cookbooks just to get one tiny idea going. Chin up!!

Old 08-21-2008, 04:14 PM

48,129 posts, read 22,004,457 times
tonight will be teriaki turkey cutlets cooked on the charcoal grill, and butter and sugar corn and wonderful vine ripened red ripe tomatoes (cost a mint but hey in a couple of months you couldnt get them as an equal swap for gold) and what else....rice

Old 08-21-2008, 04:15 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
I know that feeling - it comes and goes here too! I just don't bother mentioning the frozen pizza nights...too many of them to count...Sometimes I have to go and read all my cookbooks just to get one tiny idea going. Chin up!!

I am so glad to know I am not the only one that struggles. I find myself cooking the same thing, with grocery prices going up I try to stick to ground turkey and chicken. Sometimes I feel like I am gobbling or growing wings. Not to mention it has been hot and who feels like cooking when it it hot. It seems like there is so much more to cook when it is cooler. So I am holding out for cooler weather.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:29 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Hey guys and gals---that is "exactly" why I started this thread. I am always trying to think up new dinners and only since I started this thread did I really get them! Not only did I get them but I got personal instructions when needed, made new friends and also all these dishes were tried and true! What could be better?!
I think we all find ourselves in a "rut" with cooking at some time or another--some more then others, like me! You are not alone my friends!!

Old 08-21-2008, 05:10 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,619,314 times
Stuffed peppers on the smoker tonight. Smoked the ground beef and sausage yesterday, thru in some "scraps" from ribs, a little onion, and ragu pizza sauce(one of my fav's, not as good as the old stuff though). Added some spices, packed it in a pepper and on the smoker for 1 1/2 hrs(I'm guessing, not done yet) Will top w/plenty of cheese.

Better be good, missed supper last night due to work.......dog house is getting smaller each yr.

3 more beers and they'll be done....the peppers, not the family.

Hope ya'll had a good day, things fell right for me today......and I'm happy. Ice'n on the cake would be ..........well thats the wifes part and I can't control that........nor will I try.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:25 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Well, DH woke up from a nap, thought it was a little after one, ate a gimongous snack (in the middle of which I said, "Don't forget about dinner"), then looked at the clock and realized it was 4:00. So...no "real" dinner. I heated up some leftover scalloped potatoes and a piece of quiche, so that was mine. Sure would like something sweet right now, but I don't have anything on hand. Oh, well.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:44 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Well we went out, I had grilled chicken on wheat-he had deep fried walleye "fingers" that just about killed me looking at them!!!!

Thinking of going home to NJ for some mussels, great piiza and seafood. We'll see.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:50 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
We were going to go to our neighborhood pub tonight too.....but BF is going to get some hunting supplies with a friend and it will be too late by then. So, tomato soup and grilled cheese it is. We've already agreed to go out tomorrow instead.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:08 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Hey guys and gals---that is "exactly" why I started this thread. I am always trying to think up new dinners and only since I started this thread did I really get them! Not only did I get them but I got personal instructions when needed, made new friends and also all these dishes were tried and true! What could be better?!
I think we all find ourselves in a "rut" with cooking at some time or another--some more then others, like me! You are not alone my friends!!

This is very true!! I can't tell you how many times that I can recall my mom being lost when it came to what's for dinner. She thinks she lacks in the cooking area but that is not true. I think the help from everyone on here and the great recipes that have been shared are helping her to realize she can rock in the kitchen That is what this thread is for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink