Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2008, 03:42 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times

Advertisements

Soon to be 6 PM and I'm clueless. It's been a big day at the FL Pro Photographers show and I'm beat after the trip. This may be a good night for tomato soup and a cheese sandwich as long as he Mrs. will do the honors.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:01 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,864,223 times
Today I made tilapia soup from a recipie out of my wife's Women's Health magazine. Carrots, red onions, can of diced tomatos, broccoli, tilapia, thyme, salt, pepper, chicken broth. Super good.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:05 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,542,041 times
I made the cheeseburgers that I was going to have on Friday. Fried up some onions and mushrooms for the burgers, also made wild rice and green beans.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:09 PM

52,683 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Default The Agenda - Week of August 24-29

Tonight at my dinner table, the feature was pan-grilled pork chops and a veggie medley.

This week at the Case abode, I'll be bringing in some of these selections: grilled chicken, pork tenderloin roast, lasagna, garlic cheese bread (with 3 cheeses), and chicken fried rice. I'm even thinking about a breakfast-for-supper situation, as I plan to make my world-famous (well, kind of....) huevos rancheros. I've got some Pace picante sauce to go with it on the side should I make it.

Hope your week is a good week and enjoy all your good eats. Bon appetit!

Old 08-24-2008, 06:24 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Had a long day of housecleaning, but boy, was it worth it. The room that I insist on calling "the spare bedroom" is looking more and more just like that, and less and less like a fraternity boy's occasional quarters, which is A Good Thing. I love my children deeply, but I love them best of all when they and their belongings live somewhere else besides my house. We're getting there, albeit slowly.

And with a good day's work behind us, both the spouse and I are tired and sore, to say nothing of sneezing from all the dust, so supper tonight is very much on the simple side. We're making big, juicy burgers, to be topped with tomato slices from the garden, with oven-baked fries on the side. Simple, solid, and satisfying, just what the doctor ordered.

And speaking of those tomatoes from the garden, a quick glance in the back yard confirms that it is once again time for the Tomato Fairy to go into action, dropping little bags of orphan tomatoes on the doorsteps of all our neighbors. Fortunately, most of them seem to like 'maters, or I suspect we'd have been ridden out of the neighborhood a long time ago.

Happy Sunday evening to all, and best wishes for a good week!

Old 08-24-2008, 06:30 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Tonight at my dinner table, the feature was pan-grilled pork chops and a veggie medley.

This week at the Case abode, I'll be bringing in some of these selections: grilled chicken, pork tenderloin roast, lasagna, garlic cheese bread (with 3 cheeses), and chicken fried rice. I'm even thinking about a breakfast-for-supper situation, as I plan to make my world-famous (well, kind of....) huevos rancheros. I've got some Pace picante sauce to go with it on the side should I make it.

Hope your week is a good week and enjoy all your good eats. Bon appetit!
Oh Case....what are you going to do with the pork tenderloin?

I bought TWO this weekend (Costco sells in 2s) and have no clue what to do with them!

Old 08-24-2008, 06:37 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,210,338 times
Evening all, tonight we had chicken with pan sauce and fresh chives, stuffing and green beans on the side. For DESSERT....Chocolate cream pie!!!!! I can't wait. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:43 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Oh Case....what are you going to do with the pork tenderloin?

I bought TWO this weekend (Costco sells in 2s) and have no clue what to do with them!
I can tell you what our lad did with the two he bought on sale earlier this week.

Slice down in 3/4" to 1" thick slices. Heat a bit of olive oil in a skillet and sear each side of each medallion (may need to do this in batches, if your skillet won't hold all of them). Remove pork from the pan, if necessary add a bit more oil and saute sliced onions and sliced mushrooms with a clove or two of crushed garlic. Add a cup or so of wine to deglaze the pan, return the medallions to the pan and turn down the heat. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove the lid and allow the liquid to reduce for another five minutes or so. Serve with your choice of starch (potatoes, noodles, rice or good crusty bread).

Old 08-24-2008, 06:49 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times
So Hubby and I dropped the kids off to the WKids at our local Wegmans... for those of you who are unfamiliar with WKids... our local grocer has a child watch with a ton of toys, a climbing maze, sitters... they are great and FREE for one hour of shopping! VERY handy for shopping and they are awesome there....I use them every chance I get... anyway- since I refused to cook tonight (as I have said- don't cook on Sundays)... we got some yummy sushi and a salad for dinner... ate there and did some quick minor shopping before our hour was up... it was a nice little break for dinner...very quiet... came home and fed the kids the left over pizza...

Old 08-24-2008, 07:12 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,152,975 times
I made................................... Hubby go pick up dinner It is 94 degrees here and with that I don't feel like being in my kitchen.
It's been sweet potato mania on here My grandma made the best sweet potatos at thanksgiving. Dad tries to do the same but goes a little over board with the marshmellosws ha ha.Tomorrow I will not cook. I will be working a double shift
Owell the extra money never hurts. Monday is back ho hum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink