Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 06:36 AM

47,916 posts, read 21,907,967 times

Advertisements

Its not the same thing.......but it makes me think of some sushi bars in Japan (a great one in the Narita airport) where they have a conveyor belt that runs around the counter where customers sit......the sushi chef in the kitchen makes and plates a wide assortment of sushi and sashimi and puts them on the conveyor.....customers sitting at the counter....take off one at a time and have wasabi and soy sauce and ginger pickle naps and chop sticks at their seat....I think green tea as well. When you have eaten all you want....the waitress tally's your bill based on the # and color of the plates......different sushi is served on different color plates. (You can run up a substantial bill in short order.)

A chef is working in the middle island also and if you want something special...you just call it out and he will cut it for you, plate it and send it around.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:38 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,015,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Oh, You are as bad as me with the cheesy lines!
Cheesy lines? Absolutely. I hate to BRAGHE, but as an AMERICAN, I sit here in my COTTAGE and try my best to provide great lines. Sometimes, people who might be thick as a BRICK don't get it, but the even average FARMER can sometimes see the humor. A STRING of good cheese lines would be a challenge for those who don't know JACK about cheese. But TELEME another place you can go to find a good cheesy conversation these days without someone getting your GOAT.

Well, I'll BRIE seeing you later. HERVE a nice day, everyone!

Old 09-09-2008, 06:41 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,793,137 times
Going to the Automat was my Christmas and Easter treat after going to Radio City with my grandmother. What wonderful memories and times.

CheezeWhiz-necessity for cheesesteaks.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,899,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Cheesy lines? Absolutely. I hate to BRAGHE, but as an AMERICAN, I sit here in my COTTAGE and try my best to provide great lines. Sometimes, people who might be thick as a BRICK don't get it, but the even average FARMER can sometimes see the humor. A STRING of good cheese lines would be a challenge for those who don't know JACK about cheese. But TELEME another place you can go to find a good cheesy conversation these days without someone getting your GOAT.

Well, I'll BRIE seeing you later. HERVE a nice day, everyone!
OMG......

Old 09-09-2008, 06:44 AM

No WHEY Charley....some of your lines are so cheesy they could CURDle sweet CREAM. Its a Gouda thing you quit when you did.

Supper tonight maybe mac and cheese or it may be pot roast....not sure yet.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:46 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,572,857 times
What's Velveta ? Apologies for being an ignorant foreigner but I don't recall ever having it even when I lived in the US.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
No WHEY Charley....some of your lines are so cheesy they could CURDle sweet CREAM. Its a Gouda thing you quit when you did.
That is beautiful. I'm a delighted to see that someone else also gives EDAM about being funny!

Old 09-09-2008, 06:51 AM

Mouseketeer: It is a highly processed American cheese that is very very mild and semi soft. It is made by Kraft and sold in pound blocks in cardboard boxes. It has an almost soft rubbery plastic look to it. It melts with amazing smoothness. We like to make fun of it.....it is almost artificial cheese ..... but it is very popular....and part of many fond memories of home.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Mouseketeer: It is a highly processed American cheese that is very very mild and semi soft. It is made by Kraft and sold in pound blocks in cardboard boxes. It has an almost soft rubbery plastic look to it. It melts with amazing smoothness. We like to make fun of it.....it is almost artificial cheese ..... but it is very popular....and part of many fond memories of home.
Remember those old college board analogies? Would this work?

VELVEETA is to CHEESE ... as SPAM is to MEAT.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:56 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,211,032 times
Good morning, all. Man, you folks have been busy! I had about 6 pages to catch up on!

Elston, I know those AYCE buffets aren't the best. DH has it in his head if he can spend $20 for the 2 of us, it's a good restaurant. And he also equates quantity with quality. This one place in Punta Gorda isn't too bad. They have a good variety (the pot roast is to die for) and they keep it quite fresh. Me? I'd rather go out once a month instead of twice a week and have a nice dinner in a "fancy" place that serves really good food, but that's not how he was brought up, so that's ok. Besides, I can usually cook better than a lot of the stuff we find in a restaurant. I just like a break now and then. You should come down for one of my prime rib dinners. yum.

Anyway....I see we have a new friend who's joined us. Welcome.

Love the cheesey posts you guys have been putting out. Low is my kinda humor!

Enjoy your day, all. I'll let you know what dinner is once I figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink