U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2008, 05:25 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,355,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I had the fishermans seafood platter: fried belly clams; scallops, haddock, shrimp, fries and lots of tartar sauce and chili sauce. It was really great--just as good as I remember. (also had wonderful calamari the day before. (That was the appetizer with the steamed lobsters) wonderful.
OMG, now I will be dreaming about the fisherman's platter!!!
Rate this post positively

Old 03-03-2008, 11:04 PM

4,596 posts, read 10,991,381 times
I DO miss the seafood from down on the NC coast. Nothing here in the Piedmont compares.

Poor hubby has been fending for himself. I had the flu the last part of the previous week, and was not interested in anything. I think it was Sunday when he tempted me with some wonderful eggdrop soup from the Oriental restaurant around the corner from us.

When neither of us wants to cook, we like to get fried chicken and barbecue to-go from a restaurant popular here in NC. Not very healthy, but soooo tasty, and nice for a treat. That, and I just refuse to fry chicken -- too much mess.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:53 AM

23,417 posts, read 35,029,660 times
morning, everyone! Had company last night, so I thought it might be a bit rude to post!
Made Thai green curry last night with shrimp, sweet potatoes, long beans, and water chestnuts, served with rice, spring rolls, and Singha beer. Had sticky rice with mangoes for dessert. Tonight its leftovers.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:58 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,634,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
morning, everyone! Had company last night, so I thought it might be a bit rude to post!
Made Thai green curry last night with shrimp, sweet potatoes, long beans, and water chestnuts, served with rice, spring rolls, and Singha beer. Had sticky rice with mangoes for dessert. Tonight its leftovers.

kshe95girl -- that sounds awesome! Thai food is soooo good. Wish I cooked it more at home, seems like there are so many ingredients in the recipes I like. So I usually just order take out

Boyfriend cooked pork chops with broccoli and cheese, and made some biscuits last night, so tonight is the baked cheese ravioli with mushrooms and peas in a mushroom alfredo sauce, with salad and (maybe) garlic bread.

Have a great day all.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:11 AM

601 posts, read 1,837,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Morning! sounds awesome... could you share the recipe for the green curry?

The weather here is stormy so tonight it's junk food..chili dogs and chili cheeze fries. Love chili cheeze fries!!!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 07:17 AM

13,590 posts, read 5,069,914 times
We'll have rice with thin sliced chicken breast and lotsa veggies (white cabbage, Chinese beans, sweet peas, carrots and brokkoli) Chinese style with hot chili sauce. Hmmm looking forward to that.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:26 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,695,557 times
Good morning everyone! Tonight I'm making some kind of chicken. I don't know what LOL. Maybe I'll try that Chicken n Rice casserole.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:01 AM

4,596 posts, read 10,991,381 times
Perusing the other threads here made me wish I knew how to cook tofu -- especially like the Oriental restaurants near us, do. I think they call it homestyle, and it isn't fancy. Tofu, cut into 1" cubes, lots of cabbage, carrots, maybe some other vegetables like onion? Often in a slightly hot sauce. YUM.

I have never been good at cooking Oriental dishes, but when someone gives me specific directions, I can generally learn well enough to carry it off -- if only to please me. I have made broo-go-ghee and kimchi, so I think I could do this tofu.

Anyone able to tell me how to do it? What makes the tofu so tasty, as well as that nice sauce? I think I've seen the little red peppers in it, much like kung pao style dishes.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:36 AM

2,489 posts, read 6,932,910 times
Morning all. Chicken nuggets were a hit. For the little one he just ate the nuggets but for hubby and older kids I put them on top of a ceaser salad and it was yummy. Tonight apparantly I have to go back and participate in a caucus for voting so it will have to be something quick. I am thinking mac and cheese or some sort of pasta.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:43 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,695,557 times
How's your son doing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.