Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2008, 06:14 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,225,242 times

Advertisements

That sounds so good...will have to try it out! Yum!!

Old 03-06-2008, 06:37 AM

47,902 posts, read 21,903,830 times
Default Spinach Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
I saw a wonderful spinach salad with dried fruit and chopped walnuts and red sliced onions in some kind of vinegarette dressing, topped w/ a salmon steak, it looked great, any ideas of what the dressing would consist of? cause thats what I want for dinner,
I did a beautiful spinach salad for supper last night too (along with the last steak that was in the freezer for DP--I still can't think of beef after the video of the slaughter house).

I did spinach and made a warm bacon dressing that turned out wonderfully dispite the fact I discovered at the last minute I didnt have any vingegar. I live in Cali and had lemons out back on the tree, so I substitued a 1/4 cup of lemon juice for the vinegar and went on from there. Garnished the spinach with thinly sliced onion and chopped egg and spooned the hot dressing over....yum yum. (I had left over mac and cheese with it in place of the steak.)

Old 03-06-2008, 06:39 AM

47,902 posts, read 21,903,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktully View Post
I make a spinach salad very similiar to this and I use Good Season's Italian packet and make it with Balsamic vinegar rather than white.
That good seasons made with balsamic sounds good!

If you were lazy, I bet one of those raspberry vingergrette dressings from the produce aisle...would go good on that salad! Easy isnt bad!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:03 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,225,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I did a beautiful spinach salad for supper last night too (along with the last steak that was in the freezer for DP--I still can't think of beef after the video of the slaughter house).

I did spinach and made a warm bacon dressing that turned out wonderfully dispite the fact I discovered at the last minute I didnt have any vingegar. I live in Cali and had lemons out back on the tree, so I substitued a 1/4 cup of lemon juice for the vinegar and went on from there. Garnished the spinach with thinly sliced onion and chopped egg and spooned the hot dressing over....yum yum. (I had left over mac and cheese with it in place of the steak.)
How do you make that warm bacon dressing elston? I love spinach salad that way but have only had it in restaurants. Oh that just sounds so great. Do you use those baby spinach leaves or the large leaves torn up?

Old 03-06-2008, 07:31 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,414,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
How do you make that warm bacon dressing elston? I love spinach salad that way but have only had it in restaurants. Oh that just sounds so great. Do you use those baby spinach leaves or the large leaves torn up?
Yum.....warm bacon dressing.....LOL.
I usually use baby spinach for salads, and the baby and/ or the "mature" ones for cooking.
(Like salmon in a cream sauce, baked on a spinach bed)
I just think, that the "baby" ones are just a "tat" sweeter, and the mature ones firmer and a bit "tarter".
But, maybe it's just me, and in my head??

Old 03-06-2008, 07:45 AM

214 posts, read 268,894 times
Easy tonight...Chilis been working in crockpot all night.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:52 AM

2,355 posts, read 2,178,171 times
Tonight's dinner is sausage soup. I brown a pound of mild italian sausage, then will throw in a few cups of beef broth, a can of black beans (drained), a can of diced tomatoes, basil, pepper, a small can of mushrooms, and finally some thawed frozen spinach. I let that boil then simmer it for about 20 to 25 minutes, depending on the consistency of the spinach and mushrooms. Pretty tasty.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:57 AM

321 posts, read 918,431 times
I'm thinking I'll pick up a nice piece of salmon for tonight - steam it in some foil with butter, lemon/lime juice, lemon pepper spice, little chili powder for kick - serve with some white rice & carrots.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:59 AM

321 posts, read 918,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
That good seasons made with balsamic sounds good!

If you were lazy, I bet one of those raspberry vingergrette dressings from the produce aisle...would go good on that salad! Easy isnt bad!
Either way I gotta shake that bottle so I get my daily exercise!! LOL!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:59 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,790,065 times
Okay-now I'm starving!!! We didn't go out last night as my brain was still foggy from the trip-so it was frozen pizza. Tonight we'll go out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink