Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 04:59 AM

48,121 posts, read 21,999,038 times

Advertisements

Thanks for asking Lacy.......dinner was really good......the meat pie, roast chicken and a tossed salad.....and home made sweet pickles....simple and delicious.....My DP had a little meat pie and a lot of chicken.....he said he would have more of the tourtiere for Breakfast

Hope Mr L continues to feel better.....I am sure you are no Nurse Ratchett.....I would expect you to be more like Florence Nightingale......the lady with the lamp or perhaps

"thru the war's great curse;
stood the Red Cross Nurse....
she's the flower of no-mans-land".

Old 03-04-2009, 05:03 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Elston-you are so kind!!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:49 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
Lovely elston. I agree!!
Very cold this morning but looks like by the end of the week we should be in the 70's!! Shhhhh, maybe spring??
Tonight is chicken legs with attached thighs baked. Of course we will have our usual mashed potatoes and peas. Think I will have some cottage cheese with pineapple and put it on a bed of lettuce for an extra side! We finally picked up some cottage cheese the other day because I have been craving it lately!!
So what are the cooking restrictions for Mr. L's meals Lacey? Can he pretty much go back to eating the usual or do you have to be even more careful now? Once he gets this surgery will he still have the problem? I sure hope it cures it for him!!

Old 03-04-2009, 06:18 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
This sounds way too good!

I did hear that they were cheaper there, but I still think $15.00 for 90 is most likely going to be the cheapest and they deliver so...Is Prevacid a better or different antacid?

Oops forgot the dinner...we ended up running to the border for Taco Bell because I made the mistake of spraying the Easy Off too close to dinner time. Guess I lost track of time. I didn't really want to use the stove top with that stuff soaking in the oven...so I guess stir fry tomorrow.
Kimba, didn't you say you have an oven w/auto clean? If so, I don't think oven spray is supposed to be good for them. Trust me...once you use the auto feature, you'll kiss your stove at night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Thanks for asking Lacy.......dinner was really good......the meat pie, roast chicken and a tossed salad.....and home made sweet pickles....simple and delicious.....My DP had a little meat pie and a lot of chicken.....he said he would have more of the tourtiere for Breakfast

Hope Mr L continues to feel better.....I am sure you are no Nurse Ratchett.....I would expect you to be more like Florence Nightingale......the lady with the lamp or perhaps

"thru the war's great curse;
stood the Red Cross Nurse....
she's the flower of no-mans-land".
Glad to hear DP liked the meat pie. I think I overloaded on it as a kid. My mom always makes it for New Years Day. I don't think she was too thrilled when I'd pour a 1/2 bottle of ketchup all over it!

How nice you were to say that about Lacey!

Old 03-04-2009, 06:18 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,039 times
Good morning everyone. Whew......I got some changes to make. Started back at weight watchers yesterday so I had to rethink everything.
Stopped to get a few things on the way home but will go back out today.

Last night it was chicken breast (with skin...bad bad bad) sugar snap peas and baked sweet potato. Hubby had a can of soup since he is not feeling well (bad cold).

I did this before and it is just a matter of eating food that are filling and less points.
So it is off to the races.

Tonight will be left over of what we had last night since hubby didn't eat. I may make a chicken salad with the left over......sounds good!!

Have a great day foodies

Old 03-04-2009, 06:21 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,334,402 times
Never did make it back to Cyn's dinner table last night - I didn't sleep well Monday night, and by the time I finished washing up, was just too tired to stop by.

Lacey, I am so glad your good man is home where he belongs at last, though I must concur with Elston that you are no Nurse Ratchett. Juggling all those meds and getting the schedule right is a challenge, and I'm glad you're there to help. It'll be even tougher when you're traveling, but it's so essential to keep the schedule steady.

Supper last night with our regular weekly dinner guests was a lot of fun, as always, and very tasty, also as always. Neither of the kids had ever eaten lamb before, and one hadn't ever had tabouleh or hummus either, so it was fun to introduce them to a new and delicious way of cooking, aside from the perpetually interesting conversations we always have at the table. Of course they both took home plenty of leftovers, and there was still enough for the spouse's lunch pail today. Spouse, by the way, is already having fun planning next week's menu for them, as they've now expressed an interest in Russian cooking. I suspect that borscht and vareniki are on the horizon here, not sure what all else yet. Oh, and a birthday cake, as one of them turns 20 a week from today.

Hope that everyone has a wonderful Wednesday, and that your meals are plentiful and delicious!

Old 03-04-2009, 06:32 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Hi all-Cyn they really gave to dietary restrictions except for brocolli, cauliflower, cabbage-anything gassy. The surgery will give relief for 5 to 7 yrs and then right back where we started-unless they come up with a cure for Crohns by then.

MWBW-we're holding off leaving until antibiotics are done as it would be difficult to keep a schedule on the road (3 of them at diff. times,etc). So we lose a few days but that's okay. We will have a fuller schedule when we get there but all will be fine.

How great for your kids and friends to experience different ethnic foods.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Glad to hear DP liked the meat pie. I think I overloaded on it as a kid. My mom always makes it for New Years Day. I don't think she was too thrilled when I'd pour a 1/2 bottle of ketchup all over it!
Ketchup would be good.....last night I had home made sweet mixed pickles (I bought them at a church xmas fair) and this morning served some cranberry sauce with it.....He liked it far more this morning....really hot out of the microwave......he likes food super heated and last night the pie had sat on the counter for awhile and was "less than piping hot".

I am so pleased with myself for having made it and will do it again....probably for Thanksgiving and Christmas buffets.

NMS did your Mom make salmon pies?

Old 03-04-2009, 06:51 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Good morning foodies!

elston I think you could describe bologna, chips and a pickle spear to make it sound elegant.

Lacey I bet it is mind boggling to keep it all straight but I know you will do a fine job.

cyn we are only to get as high as 40° today but I'll take it with the single digits we have been having with a teen thrown in the mix.

Tonight we are having chicken breast, baked potatoes and probably broccoli. Have other threads to check I'll be back later have a great day!

Old 03-04-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Good morning foodies!

elston I think you could describe bologna, chips and a pickle spear to make it sound elegant.
LOL maybe that comes from the time I spent working in a restuarant and helping to name the specials and come up with the wording for the "black board" describing the nightly specials. And I have a love of food and a love of words.....in equal proportion.

And for your dining pleasure we are featuring a mildly seasoned luncheon sausage roll, thinly sliced and lovingly laid between two slices of the freshest homemade bread; served with wafer thin fried potato slices and the tangy crispness of local cucumbers salted and preserved in hand crafted micro-batch vinegar from an orchard mixture of baldwin and russet apples, gathered after they had been touched by the first frost. Enjoy....and save room for a delectable dessert from our bakery.

Last edited by elston; 03-04-2009 at 07:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink