Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2007, 03:10 PM

106 posts, read 371,379 times

Advertisements

Same as HighlandsGal -- Grilled salmon (it's still bbq season in New York State -- 55 degrees today), salad & another vegetable (to be determined). Oh, and some sourdough bread.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:55 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Eating out tonight.

Best thin crust pizza on the planet and a pitcher of AmberBock.

Oh, yes!

Wife has some really good recipes. Problem is I haven't a clue how to make them.

I'll ask: Maybe I can get her to share...

What little I do know:

Heavenly Hamburger: hamburger, some kind of noodle, black olives, tomatoes. Spices about which I am clueless. Baked like a runny casserole. Yummy.

Green Bean and mashed Potato Casserole - Hamburger covered with green beans, covered with mashed potatoes. Really good. Spices not sure, maybe like chili

Nachos - We use Rotel original and she adds broken up hamburger and maybe something else. Poured over restaurant style nacho chips and eaten with Divide by Three Margaritas:

Divide by Three Margaritas
Three cups mix (We use Jose Cuervo)
One cup Tequila
One third cup triple sec

Notice I know THAT recipe! Easiest and best Margarita I've ever had except for Chi Chi's, may they rest in peace, and bah to the idiots that ran it into the ground.

Tamale Cheddar pie: Tamales covered with thick layer of cheddar cheese and restaurant style nacho chips, crumbled. I really, really, like this.

Getting close to going out. For some reason I'm getting hungry. I think it's got something to do with the fact that it's almost 5 o'clock and I've been writing about food. And, possibly, the fact that I haven't eaten yet today!

Old 11-02-2007, 08:09 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,400,676 times
I had an apple and a cup of tea with milk and artificial sweetener.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:17 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Tonight.....chicken fried steak, cube steak breaded with flour and bread crumbs and fried in a little oil. mashed potatoes with chicken gravy on the meat and potatoes and green beans. Just hearing what others eat helps me to get off my bottom and come up with some ideas. Thanks to all of you..and keep the ideas coming.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:29 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
New York Strip Steaks that I marinated in my special marinade and then grilled, sauteed HUGE Monterey Mushrooms, sauteed french green beans with onion, garlic and petite diced tomatoes and rolls.

Homemade pecan pie for dessert

Old 11-03-2007, 06:09 PM

6 posts, read 21,238 times
Default price of food in INA,ILLINOIS

price of food
hi,my name is kristina and I am from europe(serbia) and i got scholarship on REnd Lake college in village Ina,near Chicago and I was wandering can anyone say to me what is the price of food in markets in Chicago(bread,milk,fish,apples,bananas,meat..) because I dont have an idea how much does it costs at yours place,so I will be very grateful if someone answer me............
p.s.-pardon my english

Old 11-03-2007, 06:36 PM

634 posts, read 2,922,639 times
Tonight I had dumplings with meat and noodles inside and a nice Italian salad.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:37 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhixy View Post
price of food
hi,my name is kristina and I am from europe(serbia) and i got scholarship on REnd Lake college in village Ina,near Chicago and I was wandering can anyone say to me what is the price of food in markets in Chicago(bread,milk,fish,apples,bananas,meat..) because I dont have an idea how much does it costs at yours place,so I will be very grateful if someone answer me............
p.s.-pardon my english
Try posting in the Illinois/Chicago forum. I think you will get a better response.

Welcome to the forums and (soon?) to our country.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:39 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,593 times
I am going to make ox tail vegtable soup. My Grandma used to make it when she would visit us. She passed awya around this time of the year about18 years ago(we still miss her she was a hoot)infact her Visitation was on Halloween> She would have loved the fact that everyone was in a funeral home on Halloween.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:39 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
Today is my birthday, I turned 56 today so I can't say "Fifty five and still alive" anymore, I guess I'll have to say "Fifty six and in the mix" for the next year !
Tonight some friends are coming over and we'll eat snow crab legs and crab cakes made from the claws and small legs. We'll serve white corn chips with salsa, hot refried bean dip and fresh Guacamole, along with "oven baked style" french fries sprinkled with salt, pepper , fresh parsley and garlic. Beverages will be Sam Adams lager and hand squeezed margaritas on the rocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink