Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 02:33 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,011,181 times

Advertisements

I am trying to eat healthy but it's been a battle to cut out convenience foods, especially as I don't like my own cooking. The main challenge I have is that I eat two meals at work (breakfast and lunch) and need to figure out healthy items to bring besides sandwiches. Yes, I can do fruits and salads but need something more substantial to eat to tide me over until my next meal. Also, as much as I'd love to eat smaller meals throughout the day, it isn't practical in my job when I have back to back appointments with clients. Please help me think of some healthy suggestions other than fruits, veggies and salads. Thanks.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:43 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,472,060 times
The salad category is a big one and many times we just assume it is lettuce and dressing. If you eat something with protein, it will keep you satisfied much longer. Try bean salad or adding beans to your regular lettuce/spinach/arugula salad or just plain bean salad. Whole grain salads, such as quinoa, wheat berry or even whole grain pasta salad will keep you full and be a healthy alternative. You can add hard boiled eggs, shrimp or chicken to any salad to make it more substantial. Hummus and fresh veggies, hard boiled eggs and multi grain crackers or plain yogurt with fresh fruit are also good. If you have access to a microwave, sometimes something hot satisfies more then a cold dish Homemade soup with plenty of vegetables and whole grains is a great lunch. When I worked full time I usually took in left overs from the previous night's dinner.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:45 PM

16,175 posts, read 32,478,600 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/recip...nch-ideas.html

Check out this thread and there are lots of other threads already in progress. Please use the advanced search option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.