Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:39 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,258,796 times

Advertisements

When i was growing up if we didn't have the money to leave a tip then we didn't order food from pizza places or we didn't go out to eat......and i still think this way about tipping....if i am ordering a $14 dollar pizza or something inn that range i "ALWAYS" leave at least $5 dollars.....I just want to know who believes people shouldn't tip?....and who believes you should tip waiters, delivery drivers ect....?...and why do you think like this?

Thanx,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 07:44 AM

859 posts, read 2,141,609 times
lmao no way I leave a 5.00 tip for a 14.00 $ Pizza.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
lmao no way I leave a 5.00 tip for a 14.00 $ Pizza.

How much money would "you" ask for to drive your own car and use your own gas money to deliver a pizza to someone you don't know?

Old 11-02-2007, 08:17 AM

3,481 posts, read 9,379,763 times
I am a 20% tipper. If the service is out of this world I may bump it up, if the service sucks I may take it down a bit. Mind you I don't hold anything against the wait staff that is beyond their control (like a slow kitchen).

Old 11-02-2007, 08:20 AM

859 posts, read 2,141,609 times
First they get paid to do this, they dont just get Tips. Unless it has changed sense my late hubby did it LONG ago. They get paid per hr, and get to keep their Tips.
Is it enough to upkeep their Car? I dont know, I havent worked there. Noone makes them do this Job They choose this Job.

To "ask" somone to pay you $ 5.00 for a $ 14.00 is crazy. I dont have delievery here where I live. But I can tell you that I would not leave a $5.00 tip for a $14.00 pizza.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
I am a 20% tipper. If the service is out of this world I may bump it up, if the service sucks I may take it down a bit. Mind you I don't hold anything against the wait staff that is beyond their control (like a slow kitchen).

Me either ...if i have a problem with how fast things are prepared and sent out......i give them the benefit of the doubt at first because maybe they are short staffed or something, but if i continue getting the same service over and over going to the same place or ordering from the same delivery place then i'll tell the manager and just find another spot to enjoy my meals in.......but "never" do i stiff a pizza driver or waiter unless "he/she" has done something to me on a personal level that was out of his/her line of work

Old 11-02-2007, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
First they get paid to do this, they dont just get Tips. Unless it has changed sense my late hubby did it LONG ago. They get paid per hr, and get to keep their Tips.
Is it enough to upkeep their Car? I dont know, I havent worked there. Noone makes them do this Job They choose this Job.

To "ask" somone to pay you $ 5.00 for a $ 14.00 is crazy. I dont have delievery here where I live. But I can tell you that I would not leave a $5.00 tip for a $14.00 pizza.

I believe personally that when you give ....you recieve more than a simple material item....you feel good when you give and are generous.....but that is my belief..

Most waiters only get paid about $3 an hour and delivery drivers usually only get minimum wage which in my state is about $5.60 an hour......You are right that those people have a choice in the job they choose......but why would anybody "choose" to make $3 an hour .....or $5 an hour anywhere?

It's true that you can make decent money doing those jobs, but there is also an emotional rollercoaster that those employees deal with everyday.....they have lots of good customers but every single day a pizza driver will have a couple deliveries where he rushes to get to a house on time and keep your pizza hot and risks getting a ticket so that you wont yell at them about being 5-10 minutes late....and then they get to the unknown door with God knows who...living in that house and the person answers and ***** an attitude and leaves no tip while making an abusive comment that they know the delivery person cant say anything back to them about.....

And waiters sit there for a half an hour and could have issues going on at home but still stay upbeat while serving you and then after all the good service they are told they can keep the change on a $40 bill....and the customer leaves $41 dollars.....

Most people that think they shouldnt tip haven't worked in service before...and the others that say they have are just cold hearted for not leaving a tip when they know what the job requires

Old 11-02-2007, 08:39 AM

987 posts, read 3,804,605 times
I used to be a pizza driver. Pizza drivers remember $5 tips.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:41 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,970,484 times
I'm in total agreement with a good tip for people working their butts off and depending on the tips for a liveable salary!

Old 11-02-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuan View Post
I used to be a pizza driver. Pizza drivers remember $5 tips.

Yeah your eyes light up when you get those while delivering pizza on a rush shift.....it almost covers the gas you will use during your 4 hour shift.......What do you tip the pizza driver on a $14 pizza?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink