Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:48 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
I'm in total agreement with a good tip for people working their butts off and depending on the tips for a liveable salary!

usually people that don't leave a good tip or don't tip at all usually don't think of what the person that serves them has to go through to get them thier food.....I'm happy to hear comments like this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 07:51 AM

859 posts, read 2,148,525 times
I was talking about a PIZZA,
And yes THEY choose to work there, and sorry but why should I have to pay 30% + tip for a 14.00 pizza? Thats crazy .....

I tip pretty good at restaurants, but thats a different setting. And I was talkin about Pizza, hence I say 14.00 as you stated.

And let me also explain, again I dont get delievery here but I can also tell you that IF I had a delivery guy who complains about a 20 % tip, or decides to bring me a cold pizza, I would stop ordering all together and I would talk with the Manager.
Sorry but YOU took a LOW PAYING JOB, and want TOP Dollar for youre service?

Old 11-02-2007, 07:54 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,016,016 times
For home deliveries I usually tip $5.00 (we're talking pizza and wings). I figure, I don't have to cook, don't have to clean up (just throw the box away). It's a treat on Friday nights. Not to mention gas prices are over $3 a gallon.

Pizza delivery people who are reading this ............ Do you get paid for mileage/gas?

Paula

Old 11-02-2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
I was talking about a PIZZA,
And yes THEY choose to work there, and sorry but why should I have to pay 30% + tip for a 14.00 pizza? Thats crazy .....

I tip pretty good at restaurants, but thats a different setting. And I was talkin about Pizza, hence I say 14.00 as you stated.

And let me also explain, again I dont get delievery here but I can also tell you that IF I had a delivery guy who complains about a 20 % tip, or decides to bring me a cold pizza, I would stop ordering all together and I would talk with the Manager.
Sorry but YOU took a LOW PAYING JOB, and want TOP Dollar for youre service?

I didn't say i expected anyone to give a tip...but when you dont give a good tip if you get good service then that shows the appreciation......if someone never tips then they also have no power over how a driver treats them....they can show up late and guess what? ...the driver won't care....because he knows that this is one of his "no-tip" locations....tipping gives you the power in some cases.....it might give better service the next time if you usually tip good but dont give a good tip because the driver is really late....next time the driver will know that you usually give a tip when he does his job so he will do better to get a tip from you, but if you never tip good or at all for good service.....then the driver has nothing to make him want to give you good service..and so you dont order from there anymore...well you repeat the same actions at the next place and then you stop ordering from them and guess what?....there are no more places to order from ....so now what?

It's whatever you wanna do when you tip..or dont tip....im just saying what i think the right thing is when i tip.....we are all different though

Last edited by THASPECIAL; 11-02-2007 at 08:32 AM..

Old 11-02-2007, 08:06 AM

This tells you nothing about me You have not even met me . And if you didnt care about people Tipping why did you start this Thread? You must deliver Pizza huh?

I dont have delievery out here, so I dont have this Problem. I didnt say I WOULDNT TIP. Pay attention before you judge me

Old 11-02-2007, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Lynn View Post
For home deliveries I usually tip $5.00 (we're talking pizza and wings). I figure, I don't have to cook, don't have to clean up (just throw the box away). It's a treat on Friday nights. Not to mention gas prices are over $3 a gallon.

Pizza delivery people who are reading this ............ Do you get paid for mileage/gas?

Paula

I do deliver but am trying to post from a waiters point of view to because this thread is for all people who work in service....but to answer your question......

It varies in different companies on how much you will recieve for delivery

Some places give a flat rate and pay the driver the same thing for every delivery which can be a different amount depending on what store or company your with....

Then some stores like the one i work at pay the driver depending on how far we go.....the delivery charge is $2at my store because i work at a major tourist destination but i dont get the $2 for every delivery......i make 50 cents for a close delivery, 75 cents fot a middle range delivery and a dollar for a delivery that is over 6 -7 miles away

It sucks when people ask if there is a delivery charge sometimes because there are people like some people on here that dont tip good for good service and they will assume that i get $2 plus a tip....and then they leave the left over 30 cents and i get screwed because the company keeps the rest of the $2 for the delivery of food to each store with the big food trucks

Old 11-02-2007, 08:12 AM

Quote:
This tells you nothing about me You have not even met me . And if you didnt care about people Tipping why did you start this Thread? You must deliver Pizza huh?

I dont have delievery out here, so I dont have this Problem. I didnt say I WOULDNT TIP. Pay attention before you judge me

I apologize...you are right....that i dont know you.....i am a driver ....and you dont know me or the people that serve you either....i know the feeling you have when i posted my last reply....it is kind of the feeling i get when i get stiffed by a customer......i literally feel like someone smacked me in the face or spit on me....because i always leave a generous tip....sorry to come off in that way to you......i think you misunderstood when i said that "I" give $5 for a $14 pizza....that's just what i do because i know all that goes into the job.....so i appreciate it that much more...that is all i am saying....i don't expect everyone else to give that much

Old 11-02-2007, 08:16 AM

well I can tell you that we tip really good when we go out, and WE give extra when the Waitress/Waiter does a great job.
I know its a low paying job..

I never said YOU should NOT get a tip... that is rude. And I have never left NO tip. Even when the service sucked!

Old 11-02-2007, 08:20 AM

Quote:
well I can tell you that we tip really good when we go out, and WE give extra when the Waitress/Waiter does a great job.
I know its a low paying job..

I never said YOU should NOT get a tip... that is rude. And I have never left NO tip. Even when the service sucked!
That's cool ...im not too much into arguing or making other people feel bad....so sorry this thread started with this misunderstanding...usually if people do give me no tip ...i still say have a nice day.....but if they go overboard and flash alot of cash and only give me a dime ....or nothing...then those are the people i am really talking to about tipping on this thread.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:46 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,943,791 times
Servers or people that have been servers before are the best tippers (and yes, in college I worked as a waitress/bartender). In my experience, blue collar workers are the next best tippers, and people like lawyers are the WORST -- cheap, cheap, cheap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink