Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:54 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,024,595 times

Advertisements

This Thanksgiving will be a strange one for me. I am going to Vegas with a friend and my H is staying home with the dog. I have time off and he doesn't. We will be picking another weekend and calling it our Thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 05:22 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,272,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
A lot of people don't have families as has been mentioned. I had to work lots of holidays when I worked in a hospital. My husband and I didn't have family there. I know people who prefer to work on holidays because they dont want to spend that time with certain family members who would be around.

i agree that not everyone has family to be with...i only have my mother ....my father hasnt talked with me in a long while and lives in another city.....and my brother has his own family....and lives in another state...so it's me and my mother but i still wanna spend time with her even though i wont be off of work on Thanksgiving but i feel bad just thinking of going "out" to eat anywhere because i have to work too and know what its like having to go in when i could be with my mother.....i have no other family besides them and we are all seperated so i know exactly what youre saying

Old 11-06-2007, 06:07 AM

859 posts, read 2,148,232 times
This is one of my pet peeves here...there is NO reason for anyone having to work on a Holiday. Get youre shopping done before the Holiday, and you can buy PRE-MADE before the Holiday, people are SO layzy nowdays.

EVERONE should be able to spend time with their loved ones,,,,,if youre too*layzy* too cook, then make something small, like have a hot dog You dont have to go out and make the trad. meal... make what you feel like. Afterall the HOLIDAYS are for FAMILY. Its not what you cook,,, its that you spend time with youre LOVED ONES!

Old 11-06-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
This is one of my pet peeves here...there is NO reason for anyone having to work on a Holiday. Get youre shopping done before the Holiday, and you can buy PRE-MADE before the Holiday, people are SO layzy nowdays.

EVERONE should be able to spend time with their loved ones,,,,,if youre too*layzy* too cook, then make something small, like have a hot dog You dont have to go out and make the trad. meal... make what you feel like. Afterall the HOLIDAYS are for FAMILY. Its not what you cook,,, its that you spend time with youre LOVED ONES!
I agree also ......i know some people dont have family to visit but dont spoil it for the ones that do have a kid or parent they want to see but they have to "work" at a resturant to feed you on Thanksgiving.....Make a pizza at home or whatever your favorite meal is....america has become lazy ...you are right

Old 11-06-2007, 11:15 AM

50,344 posts, read 63,928,555 times
Eating out on holidays is horrible. I only want to be home, and I would want the restaurant workers to be able to be home too. Why make Christmas and Thanksgiving like any other day?

Old 11-07-2007, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Eating out on holidays is horrible. I only want to be home, and I would want the restaurant workers to be able to be home too. Why make Christmas and Thanksgiving like any other day?
this is what i'm getting at......thanks for your reply.....im giving you a rep point because you get what is right ..and you acknowledge other people so here's to you with a point for reputation on here..God Bless you!!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 04:16 AM

Well...i tryed to give rep but looks like i gave it to you somewhere else not too long ago also so i guess i have to spead rep around again before i give it to you again...c ya

Old 11-07-2007, 06:39 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,532,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post

That would be nice if it were true and realistic...law enforcement, fire & rescue, nurses and doctors are just a few that HAVE to work. I'm sure there are many more.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:04 PM

859 posts, read 2,148,232 times
No no I was talking like the Stores and food places...

there is the Jobs that just cant ... And I understand that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink