Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 09:47 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,559,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
Potatoes....french fries, potato skins, baked, mashed and hashed. I am a potato addict!
Me too!! I could survive quite nicely on nothing but potatoes... mostly mashed or micro-baked, topped with butter, sour cream & onion dip, cheese, bacon, fried onions... SO many variations!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 02:14 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,728,081 times
I would love to explore all of the foods that I haven't yet - from those things that live on the land all the way to the sea [insects to seaweed].

I'll start with all the different cheeses from around the world!

Old 06-19-2013, 02:30 PM

2,570 posts, read 7,717,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Hamburgers
French fries
Pizza
Hamburger with the pizza stuffed into it (lol!)
Noodles...oodles of various spicy asian noodle dishes
Dosas
Chole battura with tons of pickled onions and imli chutney

Oh, you know what's insane?! Take two glazed donuts and put a beautiful hamburger patty between 'em...holy crap!
Ritz crackers with slices of pepperoni and sweet pickle on them.

(Really don't have much of a sweet tooth.)

Have you actually eaten this?

I thought of more stuff.

Chimichanga (beef) made with the big huge tortilla, fried, topped with guac and fresh salsa and sour cream and cheese.

Fried zucchini with ranch.
Fried okra with ranch.
Fried pickles with ranch.
Oh heck, just fry anything. I would eat it in this alternate reality.

Glazed baked ham, with the edges "burnt" and blackened.

Onions with garlic, sauteed in butter. Just onions and I am happy!!

My banana bread (I have been making it myself since I was about 10, and I am really picky and have never liked any other) warm from the oven with real butter.

Battered chicken strips with cream gravy and how could I forget, chicken fried steak! With french fries.

And, if digestive regrets were not an issue, tater tots with chili and cheese.

I am so freaking hungry right now but my kitchen is too hot to bother with anything other than PB&J or cereal.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:48 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,122,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
Have you actually eaten this?

l.
Yes.
It was featured in Calgary at Stampede.
So I tried it myself at home - two Dunkin glazed donuts and an angus beef patty.
I didn't put anything else on it.
Didn't need it.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:58 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,465,055 times
cookies, cheez-its, cheddar cheese pretzel (Combos), kit-kats, donuts, baked ziti, buffalo wings from Hooters LOL. And the cheddar bay biscuits from Red Lobster.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes.
It was featured in Calgary at Stampede.
So I tried it myself at home - two Dunkin glazed donuts and an angus beef patty.
I didn't put anything else on it.
Didn't need it.
That sounds oddly disgusting yet oddly appealing!

When I was a kid I and my mother would make homemade biscuits, I used to put butter on the biscuit then stick a chocolate chip (Chips Ahoy) cookie in the middle and eat it all together.

And now you made me add another awful thing to my list; day old donuts pan fried in butter. Makes them amazing and soft again but even better than they were when you got them, because BUTTER!

Old 06-19-2013, 05:29 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,559,777 times
Didn't Dunkin Donuts just come out with a sandwich made from glazed donuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlecrazy View Post
cookies, cheez-its, cheddar cheese pretzel (Combos), kit-kats, donuts, baked ziti, buffalo wings from Hooters LOL. And the cheddar bay biscuits from Red Lobster.
Oh, man, I LOVE those biscuits!!! They would make a nice accompaniment to all the potatoes I'll be eating.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:34 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,000,032 times
I love Kentucky Hot Browns from the Brown Hotel in Louisville, KY where they were invented - but it isn't going to happen but they are amazingly delicious....toasted bread, turkey, cheese sauce, fresh tomatoes, bacon - a heart attack on a plate - but we are dreaming right?

Last edited by Cattknap; 06-19-2013 at 07:03 PM..

Old 06-19-2013, 06:42 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,336,737 times
Ice cream and frozen yogurt!

Steak with all of the fat still on. Mashed potatoes made with butter. Apple, pumpkin and sweet potato pies with buttery flaky crust...to go with the ice cream.

Last edited by kinkytoes; 06-19-2013 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: Reading all these yummy posts gave me ideas!

Old 06-19-2013, 08:12 PM

So, this thread is a bad influence! I read many of the posts then I went and made homemade mini chimichangas with a queso sauce! Not good. Not good at all. Aside from the bad for you factor, my apartment has that "fried food" smell and my glasses got all spattered.. but they were really really good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink