Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 01:04 AM

4,587 posts, read 4,215,091 times

Advertisements

I tried the new Quarter Pounder with bacon and didn't like it. The bacon flavor wasn't good and and it was chewy. It was definitely not like the crisp bacon you get on a Wendy's Jr Bacon Cheeseburger or Baconator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 08:59 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,818,359 times
I will only go to a company owned McDonalds. The franchise owned ones around here sucks and could care less. Luckily there is a great company owned one near me that is apparently visited by a lot of higher ups as their food is actually piping hot and most importantly LOOKS like what's served in the commercials/pictures.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:24 AM

197 posts, read 230,903 times
I've walked past a McDonalds in a shopping center food court and noticed they are offering a "Big n Tasty" burger in a number of varieties as well as several new chicken burgers. I didn't see the prices but I am guessing they will be expensive as all hell but nonetheless will try them and see if they are any good.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:20 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
We just got the bogo Quarter Pounders for lunch. The bacon and cheese was a bit dry. If I'd read the descriptions more carefully, I would have gotten either of the ones with lettuce and tomato. My pet peeve with MCD lately is there are no frigging vegetables on anything we ever order. Its like they can't spare the lettuce. Bottom line, it was fine, since one was free, but otherwise typically less than average.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:58 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
The deal is great the burgers are terrible

Old 06-27-2013, 11:13 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,595,896 times
I tried the deluxe & the bacon ranch habañero. I hate their pickles. They're the same sweet/dill ones Wendy's switched too. Don't like 'em. The bacon on the habañero was crisp and had good flavor. But the sandwich tasted spicy (which was to be expected) but lacked salt or something. I like burgers with lettuce & tomato on them, so the other bacon burger wasn't something I would order. It seems so many burger places want to put onions & pickles on burgers but not tomato & lettuce. I like onions, but just a little bit. One ring of purple onion can be very potent. I just want a few small pieces of a diced onion or that flavor overpowers every other ingredient.

I used to love Wendy's pepper jack bacon cheeseburger, then they took it off their menu. And now, they too have those awful pickles. Not a fan of American cheese.

Guess I will just avoid buying fast food burgers.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:40 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,505,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I rarely eat fast food, but every time I have ordered a burger with bacon, I was consistently disappointed. The bacon is always chewy and somewhat tough, which greatly detracts from the quality of the burger. I always felt the burger would have been better off without the crappy bacon, yet it costs more. BK's bacon burger was by far one of the worst burgers I ever ate, though I have never had a McDonald's burger with bacon on it.
This is very true. Thats why i always microwave the bacon a little once i get home to make it crispy.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:16 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,583,146 times
I had the bacon and cheese yesterday without pickles onions and mustard. I loved it! The bacon was crispy unlike what the guy in the article said. The burger tasted better than any McDonald's burger I've ever had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink