Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 06:04 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,811,485 times

Advertisements

If I remember correctly it was a sour taste to me and I didn't like it. Plus I don't like most Swiss cheeses for that same reason. As for commercial cheeses for snacks, we love the boursin cheeses. Nom nom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 06:13 AM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
I'm a fan of Laughing Cow. I'll have to look into getting some more mini Baby Bell cheese but so far, have enough of the cinnamon cream cheese spread. Love the cinnamon cream cheese on my bagels.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:01 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,759,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I'm a fan of Laughing Cow. I'll have to look into getting some more mini Baby Bell cheese but so far, have enough of the cinnamon cream cheese spread. Love the cinnamon cream cheese on my bagels.
Those sound good. I'll have to give it a try.

My SIL used to always carry a few of the mini babybels in her purse or diaper bag along with a container of some kind of crackers for the kids.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:25 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
back there and then it was La Vache Qui Rit.
I was bummed when the company took that off the label.

I do like the cheese. Good travel food.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:28 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
...it was La Vache Qui Rit...
There is a book written about the German U-Boat U-69 that painted the laughing cow insignia and "La Vache Qui Rit" on its conning tower. It became known as "The laughing cow." The image came from a cheese box one of the crew members had.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:38 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
My wife gave one to one of the drivers that she sees during the day. He was unaware that the red exterior was wax until he bit into it.

True confessions time: I did this when I was a kid. It was a long time before I tried it again...the next time without the wax. Found out I loved it. I'm a cheese freak.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:08 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Waste of money and too damn expensive.

Buy a big hunk of cheese and cut your own "baby bells"

Old 07-13-2013, 01:52 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Does anyone else eat this? I have been wanting to give them a try but I can never find them....until today.

I tried it and I love it!!!! It was the original flavor, in red. I have no idea what kind of cheese it was, but it tasted like a combination of swiss and mozzarella to me.

Anyone else?
Yes, I love 'em, too. See my previous post on my new snack food I'd discovered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
I love them. They are kind of expensive, though.
While I agree they do seem to be a bit expensive if bought from a regular grocery in a small amount, they're not at all expensive if you buy them at Sam's - my last purchase only last week cost $7.68 for the original in the large pkg of 22!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
I buy the Gouda variety at Sam's Club. I love them with a few crackers as an afternoon snack.
Glad to hear this about the Gouda variety - have been wanting to try this as well, so that'll be my next purchase of 'em!

Old 07-13-2013, 06:28 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Default Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
They sell them at CCostco, I love them. An apple, a few cheeses, there is my lunch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
<snip> While I agree they do seem to be a bit expensive if bought from a regular grocery in a small amount, they're not at all expensive if you buy them at Sam's - my last purchase only last week cost $7.68 for the original in the large pkg of 22! <snip>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
<snip> I do like the cheese. Good travel food.
they are a bit pricey but as BstYet2Be has posted they are a much better deal when purchased at Sam's. I also agree with Ohiogirl81 that they are great as travel food, it makes eating something nutritious (as Jasper12 has posted) while on the run so much easier and convenient.

I was never a big cheese fan but I really do like these...a lot!

Best regards,

HomeIsWhere...

http://www.thelaughingcow.com/product-locator/

Search Results

Old 07-13-2013, 07:24 AM

318 posts, read 625,617 times
I love them, they taste awesome when spread on crackers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink