Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2007, 05:57 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,465,734 times

Advertisements

New York (AHN) - The world's most expensive dessert, Frrrozen Haute Chocolate, is sold at a staggering $25,000 per order, according to the Guinness Book Of World Records researchers.

Frrrozen Haute Chocolate: World's Most Expensive Dessert Sells For $25,000 Per Order | November 9, 2007 | AHN (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7009095579 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 05:47 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,367,719 times
Gee kind of a sin, when that money could buy a house, food, medicane or whatever that could be used by someone less fortunate. I am all for wealthy people having what they want but this is just odd.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:10 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,417,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleleigh View Post
Gee kind of a sin, when that money could buy a house, food, medicane or whatever that could be used by someone less fortunate. I am all for wealthy people having what they want but this is just odd.
I agree...and just truly believe it to be a publicity stunt!
Nobody in their right mind would order that.....but, there's some crazy, off the wall rich people out there......mhmhm.....let me think.....

Old 01-08-2008, 10:55 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,669,505 times
[The focus of this sweet treat is an 80-carat aquamarine gem resting on a specially shaped fine chocolate highlighting the company's logo.

Frrrozen Haute Chocolate is meanwhile served in a mini elegant ice cream glass with matching "golden spoon" with embossed serendipity etching.

Witnesses to the launching event say that the frozen hot chocolate looks good and appealing to the eyes, but nobody can tell if it indeed tastes good - considering the price attached to it.] I pulled that straight from the article.

If a person can afford that, they have millions in the bank. What good does it do by just sitting there? None at all.

By buying this dessert they just put 25 grand back into the economy. The miners made money. The jewelers made money. The goldsmith that crafted the spoon made money. The restaurant made money. The waiter made money. Do you see how this trickle down works?

I fully support rich people spending their money on whatever they want. It doesn't do us any good if they just sit on it. Let them spend all they want on any crazy idea that they want. If they are spending it, somebody else is getting it. Then that person can buy a house, food, medicine, or an X-box 360 that nobody needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink