Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 08:10 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,681,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
For those of you searching for Taco Doritos, Frito Lay has brought them back for a limited time. I heard about it and checked the Frito Lay site and found they were in my local Wal Mart where I procured a few bags.

Apparently they never went out of production in certain parts of the country, but most Frito Lay regional companies don't like to make em because the seasoning jams up the machines more.

I tried the Taco Doritos and while they are similar to the original they like the Nacho Cheese & Cool Ranch have way more flavored powder than the originals did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 11:12 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,918,476 times
I forget if I've already posted this, but Lipton 90 Second Lemon Rice was just the thing to serve with fish.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:33 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
Those were much better than the puffy things they replaced them with.

As far as fast food goes the one thing I miss most of all is McDonald's fried apple pies. OMG those were the absolute best. I found a McDonald's in a WalMart that still had them a few years back and I told them I would buy every single one they had. I ended up with 15. We were having a family gathering that day and I rushed home with the bag and was rushing around showing everyone my awesome discovery. Almost everyone looked at me like I was a freak. I didn't care though. I stuffed myself with them. I wasn't able to get back out that way until about six months later and they had just gotten rid of the fryer that they used to cook them. I was so disappointed. After all those years of not having fried apple pies then to find them and lose them again. It was almost too much to bear.
Have you tried Taco Bell's Caramel Apple Empanadas? The Rally's by my house also sells cinnamon apple pies 2 for $1.00. Neither one is exactly like McD's, but I do enjoy both versions.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:47 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
With the weather getting cool I was craving a bowl of Campbell's Turkey Vegetable soup, but can't find it anywhere.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,723 times
Exclamation Past & Present Favorites

Greetz from a new member just stumbling across this site for the first time. Here's my 2¢:

The Old McDonalds apple pies (Fried) - These can be had today at most KFC's as 'turnovers'. They're identical.

Jeno's Pizza rolls - Now sold under another name, I believe "Totino's". I believe only the name has changed since I was eating them at the time of the name change and noticed no difference.

Mothers cookies - still available! (Particularly out west) They're made near San Francisco, CA and possibly elsewhere. I got some last week at a safeway here in Oregon which had quite a selection.

Taco flavored corn chips (confirmed as) Doritos. - Brought back from the dead for a LIMITED time along with 'Four Cheese' so HURRY AND STOCK UP! (WinCo has 'em this week, so will everyone else)

Stouffer's Noodles Romanoff - Nestleprofessional.com has new references to this product which used to be a top fave of mine - indicating they may be bringing out a product with the same name. However - the ingredient list has RADICALLY changed so be sure and test the waters on this one before stuffing the chest freezer full with it...

Cheers for now, gotta fly.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:15 PM

746 posts, read 2,175,601 times
McDonald's Arch burger

Old 11-16-2008, 10:44 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,376,211 times
My hubby is always complaining that he misses PB Max candy bars. It has been at least 15 years since they have been off the market, at least in our areas.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:47 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,845,674 times
Jello 1-2-3
regular Runts--can only find tropical ones now for some reason

Old 11-17-2008, 02:30 AM

1,482 posts, read 5,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $hadow View Post
The Old McDonalds apple pies (Fried) - These can be had today at most KFC's as 'turnovers'. They're identical.
Must be regional. The KFC's around here don't have turnovers. I did look them up online. They aren't on the KFC website but I found a picture of them in a blog post. They do indeed look identical. Figures I'd get screwed out of them yet again.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:38 PM

625 posts, read 1,585,693 times
Dinosaur steaks; a good cut from a Brachiosaur.....I can't remember the last time I had a............I'm only kiddin', I ain't been around that long, but Nomadicus said they were delicious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink