Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 723 times

Advertisements

Yes!!! I made it regularly and dreamed of it for years. It was so yummy. Ive googled it on many occadions. Weird because I just made it tonight for dinner. I fried hamburger with onions, added Taco Seasoning and water and simmered. I then stirred in some corn chips and cheddar cheese on top. Bake until cheese melts. It turned out pretty darn good. It used frito corn chips, not tortilla chips. Don't overdo it on the chips, keep the meat mix on the moist side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 01:01 AM

422 posts, read 335,890 times
A few things I thought of while reading through this whole thread:

Chicken tonight. Loved the mushroom one I think it was
Bag and seasoning for Swiss steak...not sure of the brand name
Kraft creamy cucumber salad dressing
Liptons black rum flavored tea bags
Jolly ranchers fire stix, cinnamon flavored
Archway cookies, still around, but can't find them close by!

Old 07-22-2016, 02:10 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,467,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtpie1968 View Post
A few things I thought of while reading through this whole thread:

Chicken tonight. Loved the mushroom one I think it was
Bag and seasoning for Swiss steak...not sure of the brand name
Kraft creamy cucumber salad dressing
Liptons black rum flavored tea bags
Jolly ranchers fire stix, cinnamon flavored
Archway cookies, still around, but can't find them close by!
The jolly rancher is still around as is the Kraft dressing

Old 07-23-2016, 06:01 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,413,618 times
I remember Charles Chips potato chips.They actually delivered potato chips to your house. Sounds crazy now. Your bought the big metal can, any they would come by if you called them to sell you bags of chips to refill the can. They had a special seasoning I have never had since. I've had all kinds of chips, but nothing like that. They can still be had online along with other things.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:41 PM

23,515 posts, read 23,986,796 times
I remember those! Big brown can. First time I saw those was in the 80's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
I remember Charles Chips potato chips.They actually delivered potato chips to your house. Sounds crazy now. Your bought the big metal can, any they would come by if you called them to sell you bags of chips to refill the can. They had a special seasoning I have never had since. I've had all kinds of chips, but nothing like that. They can stillwn tin can! be had online along with other things.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:43 PM

23,515 posts, read 23,986,796 times
Prego frozen Italian entrees, from the 80's. Loved the spaghetti and meatballs. I was just a poor UCLA student then, on a budget...

Old 07-23-2016, 09:58 PM

129 posts, read 78,235 times
I wouldn't eat one now on a bet, but in college in the 1980s, I lived on Carnation breakfast bars!

Old 07-24-2016, 05:11 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
I remember Charles Chips potato chips.They actually delivered potato chips to your house. Sounds crazy now. Your bought the big metal can, any they would come by if you called them to sell you bags of chips to refill the can. They had a special seasoning I have never had since. I've had all kinds of chips, but nothing like that. They can still be had online along with other things.
I don't remember a special seasoning. They tasted like plain chips to me.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:42 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,420,591 times
I seem to recall these pig in a blanket wrappers that were flavored, like pop and fresh crescent roll type things..
The ones Granny made were onion flavored, there may have been other flavors..
I'm thinking like 1970's. I was but a wee lass so maybe it was just a delicious dream.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:58 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:

In the 60's, before "environmentalism" took hold, there were reusable beverage bottles, milk bottles, and potato chip cans. My uncle would sell literally hundreds of cans a week. The deal was that you paid $1.50 deposit upon delivery and it was refunded when you returned the can in a reusable condition. I believe that a can was 3# in our city BUT I remember Charles Chips were sold in smaller cans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink