Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2014, 01:31 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,955,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Hiya TG... I love bagels, but never ate a lot of them, because I'm slow as molasses in the morning & it takes me 1/2-hr to chew a bagel! But, I was stunned years ago upon finding out they're very high in fat. I can see, feel & taste that a croissant is loaded with butter, but a bagel?! It's as dry as a brick. Where is the fat?

BTW, I've been meaning to ask... there used to be a wonderful place called Pizza Lovin' (or something similar) in Forty Fort. I have family in the area & had a wonderful pizza from there, but it was 20-yrs ago. Honestly, it was the best pizza I'd ever had... large square pieces, slightly sweet sauce... my mouth is watering. I've only made my own since then, because I've found nothing as good in comparison anywhere. Have you ever had it? Is it still there?
patanjali, I don't know who told you about the fat content in a bagel but possibly they were counting fat from cream cheese or butter ON the bagel. I find that bagels only contain about 3 grams of fat, but the calories are high at about 350, sans the added toppings.

Pizza L'oven is no longer in Forty Fort (my youngest and I used to frequent that location on Fridays) but they still have restaurants in Exeter and Hanover, each of which is about seven miles +- from Forty Fort.

My breakfast no longer includes bagels since I'm watching carbs. Usually an Oat bran pancake, yoghurt, an egg and a serving of fresh fruit. And of course, coffee. But that too has changed since my working days. Then, it was coffee all day; now I just have two cups.
I miss the days when I could eat a bagel or croissant with cream cheese or butter and jam along with a couple of eggs, bacon or sausage, home fries, fruit, and not gain a thousand pounds!

Last edited by theatergypsy; 08-10-2014 at 01:40 AM..

Old 08-10-2014, 05:51 AM

43,668 posts, read 44,406,521 times
A bowl of bran flakes with fat-free milk and a cup of dark chocolate almond milk.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:26 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,350,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
patanjali, I don't know who told you about the fat content in a bagel but possibly they were counting fat from cream cheese or butter ON the bagel. I find that bagels only contain about 3 grams of fat, but the calories are high at about 350, sans the added toppings.
Hiya TG... You may be right, but I've avoided bagels for decades because I was told they were very, very fatty & was stunned because eating one is like trying to swallow a stack of hay. Once I start eating carbs again, I'll buy some housemade bagels, because I really do miss them toasted in a frying pan with butter for weekend brunch. I skip the cream cheese, but sometimes ate them with eggs/sausage & a heaping amount of fried potatoes. < Now I'm starving! >

Quote:
Pizza L'oven is no longer in Forty Fort (my youngest and I used to frequent that location on Fridays) but they still have restaurants in Exeter and Hanover, each of which is about seven miles +- from Forty Fort.
If I'm ever in the area again, I'll have to go (I was born in W-B, next door to you). I think NEPA & NYC have the best pizza (varying kinds) anywhere in the states... maybe because authentic Italians make it in a variety of ways. I wonder if PL will Fedex it to me?!!

Quote:
My breakfast no longer includes bagels since I'm watching carbs. Usually an Oat bran pancake, yoghurt, an egg and a serving of fresh fruit. And of course, coffee. But that too has changed since my working days. Then, it was coffee all day; now I just have two cups. I miss the days when I could eat a bagel or croissant with cream cheese or butter and jam along with a couple of eggs, bacon or sausage, home fries, fruit, and not gain a thousand pounds!
Oh, I hear ya. Once I hit 40, my enormously high metabolism came to a screeching halt. I used to eat fries, cheeseburgers with extra extra cheese & an ale at midnight, go to bed on a full stomach & still fit into my skinny jeans in the am. Those skinny jeans are neatly folded at the moment... silently mocking me. Just wait, skinny jeans... 10-more lbs & I shall wear you into oblivion!

Early morning b'kfast for me at 3am... & unorthodox... 1/2 hamburger & 2 double espressos. Gonna make it 3 in a moment!

Have a wonderful Sunday, All!

Old 08-10-2014, 08:02 AM

38,895 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Champorado (chocolate rice porridge) and grape juice.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:08 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
Spinach omelet.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:13 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,410,655 times
Porridge with cinnamon

Old 08-11-2014, 05:38 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
We have a house guest from Japan so I am doing a combination breakfast this morning.

OJ or Strawberry OJ
coffee and coffee cake

sticky rice
lettuce and garden tomato wedges
scrambled eggs
sliced teriyaki steak
apple-wood smoked bacon

Old 08-11-2014, 05:54 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,053,589 times
We had blueberry pancake,plain yogurt and 2 cups Jasmine green tea

Old 08-11-2014, 06:10 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
3 cheese omelet, OJ and coffee, coffee, coffee.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:16 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,350,742 times
About to have a 3-egg omelette with cheddar cheese & another double espresso.

I'm off for awhile, folks, so have a wonderful summer & autumn & I'll see you hopefully, sometime in the winter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink