Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 10:42 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,101,805 times

Advertisements

I admit I am a lover of fast food but how the heck does one eat 10 Big Macs a week and not get tired of it?

I visit my local Quiznos at least twice, sometimes three times a week but I always get something different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 10:51 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,650,295 times
There are always people who have excellent genes who can eat anything they want or smoke and then live to an old age. I think just about everyone can think of ONE person who smoked and lived to be 90. Or someone who ate junk food and lived long.

These are the exceptions though. If most people ate that junk with all the grease and probably additives and who knows what, they'd get sick. Most smokers I've known died by age 70 of lung cancer.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:01 AM

3,276 posts, read 7,841,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
They are no missing anything ...
they eat what they like, and not what people tell them to eat.

If you have never eaten a Big Mac in your life them you do not know what you are missing.

Hunderds of thousands of people eat them every day
and they are great.

Whataburger bacon cheeseburgers are great.

Big macs taste like cardboard, and the "secret sauce" looks and tastes like what I imagine blood and semen would be like mixed together. Big macs are about the most disgusting "food" I have ever eaten, and they are horrible for your body.

If you want to load up on that garbage and die in the your 40s of a heart attack, be my guest.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:11 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,440,057 times
There's a lot more to nutrition than calories and fat and carbs. He's missing out on a lot of vitamins and minerals by eating just Big Macs.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:16 AM

3,276 posts, read 7,841,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
He mentioned having obsessive tendencies and those are clearly evident in the video - his collection of reciepts, etc.

I would view this story primarily through the lens of a person having strong obsessive traits. In this case, the obsession just happened to get focused on McD's burgers.

I find myself wondering what his wife is like.
She's the one on the left:

Old 09-14-2013, 11:38 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,494,972 times
look at the poor people around the world who eat just rice or beans every day.

I had a friend who ate pinto beans for dinner every day.

People who drink coffee, or milk every day and never get tired of it.

People who eat fish everyday.

People who eat eggs or toast for breakfast everyday.

Just to name a few.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:49 PM

1,669 posts, read 2,242,236 times
Mickey Dees, here I come.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:12 PM

10,006 posts, read 11,150,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
Whataburger bacon cheeseburgers are great.

Big macs taste like cardboard, and the "secret sauce" looks and tastes like what I imagine blood and semen would be like mixed together. Big macs are about the most disgusting "food" I have ever eaten, and they are horrible for your body.

If you want to load up on that garbage and die in the your 40s of a heart attack, be my guest.
? thank you for your opinion.... who are you say what does or doesn't taste good?? holy crow.;

As for unhealthy I wont argue that.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:28 PM

1,073 posts, read 1,796,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
He mentioned having obsessive tendencies and those are clearly evident in the video - his collection of reciepts, etc.

I would view this story primarily through the lens of a person having strong obsessive traits. In this case, the obsession just happened to get focused on McD's burgers.

I find myself wondering what his wife is like.
I'm sure she's a nice, fat lady.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:38 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,990,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
64-Year-Old Man Has Eaten 12,000 Big Macs in 30 Years

Proof that beef, cheese, fries, and fast food won't kill you.

64-Year-Old Man Has Eaten 12,000 Big Macs in 30 Years | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo

No, but eating burgers, fries, and soda pop every day can still make you obese. To remain thin like this guy is an anomaly. Genetics plays a big role in your health and body type. Other important details are missing such as: does he hit the gym every day for a few hours to work off the Big Macs? Does he eat anything else during the day? Does he purge his food after he eats it?
More importantly- how much $$ McDonald's paid this guy to shill for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink