Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 02:43 PM

25 posts, read 52,452 times

Advertisements

We have a Cuisinart model that uses K-cups and love it. We also have a French press for when company comes over or out camping. Buy a reusable pod and you can make whatever brand of coffee you want. That would eliminate the price-per-pod concern the previous poster voiced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 02:56 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,005,523 times
I have a Keurig now. It's ok.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:27 PM

4,720 posts, read 15,568,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic51 View Post
We have a Cuisinart model that uses K-cups and love it. We also have a French press for when company comes over or out camping. Buy a reusable pod and you can make whatever brand of coffee you want. That would eliminate the price-per-pod concern the previous poster voiced.
Reusable Pod ??
News to me,I will check this out,thanks.
And I wouldn't doubt those chemical cleaners do a better job descaling then ol vinegar does, but I really feel better using a " natural " substance for something like that.
I have hard water and clean it every 2-3 months with a couple vinegar cycles.
Works perfect after 4 years.
Moms morning coffee makes for a happy breakfast for all

Old 09-22-2013, 07:50 PM

981 posts, read 2,700,939 times
I recommend if you get one make sure it's one where the supplies are carried at your local grocery store. I have one that I have to order a case and have it shipped so I stopped using it.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:23 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,250,271 times
We've had a Keurig for several years now. It makes 4 or more cups a day (DH is a coffee addict), and is going strong. Sometimes we buy k-cups from Costco (currently on sale for $32.99 for 100 regular roast), but mostly use the reusables with our own coffee.

Two thumbs up from us for Keurig!

Old 09-23-2013, 04:53 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,104,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic51 View Post
Amazon.com: coffee pod reusable

I like my coffee extremely strong, either black or with a touch of half and half, and I've had some excellent cups of Keurig coffee at other peoples' houses. I drink one or two cups every morning so I don't think even buying disposable pods would be that expensive.

I've been comparing Keurigs and other brands because I'm planning to get one. So thanks for starting this thread.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:36 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,188,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
We've had a Keurig for several years now. It makes 4 or more cups a day (DH is a coffee addict), and is going strong. Sometimes we buy k-cups from Costco (currently on sale for $32.99 for 100 regular roast), but mostly use the reusables with our own coffee.

Two thumbs up from us for Keurig!
Same here! We have the reusable cups, and we experiment with different coffees. My family members all like different brands of coffee, so we can make a quick cup of what we prefer. My daughter leaves for school at 5:30, my husband leaves for work a couple hours later, and I enjoy an iced coffee mid-morning. We can easily make a cup whenever the urge strikes.

We use these and they work perfectly.

http://www.amazon.com/Cafe-Reusable-...reusable+k+cup

Old 10-03-2013, 07:01 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,799,002 times
My mom has a Keurig. She is not into gadgets so I was surprised she bought one. She used to have a coffee maker because she drinks coffee daily. She loves the Keurig. She also gets the K cups at Costco once she found the brand and flavor she enjoys. The coffee varies from the K cup brands and flavor.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:14 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,954,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
And the reason they are so popular is that they make it quick and easy to prepare a coffee shop quality coffee drink at home or in the office, freshmade one cup at a time.
I generally like reading your posts on food and drink as it seems you have a decent amount of knowledge and experience in trying different things and we're often in agreement. But you are so wrong on this that all I can say is if you this is what you think of as "coffee shop quality" you must be going to very poor coffeeshops.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:20 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,954,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
And this is a big part of why the capsule systems have become so popular, despite being more expensive per cup than any system that uses ground coffee. They are very quick and easy to use, there's little to no clean up, they allow different people to select different beverages, and they're less expensive than buying coffee drinks at espresso shops.
So if you're comparing $4 lattes (usually 16-20oz) to the cost of a single K-cup, how are you making medium/large lattes with your Keurig?

Please be sure to include the cost of milk and the amortized cost of capital equipment of your milk steaming equipment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink