Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 07:49 AM

304 posts, read 1,019,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic51 View Post
We also have a French press for when company comes over or out camping.
This!!!

We have three means of making coffee, a drip coffee maker, a Keurig, and a French press (plus French press mugs). The Keurig is OK but the French press and Fp mugs get used almost everyday because nothing beats the taste and they actually require only minimal effort.

We have the REI French press double-shot mugs and they are great for work:

REI Double Shot Press Mug at REI.com

Just grind up your favorite coffee (recommend a burr grinder, it's coarser than normal ground coffee), pop it in the mug and add hot water! The best part is the "secret" compartment on the bottom...now you have another shot off coffee to get you through that sleepy afternoon at the office!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 10:40 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
Same here! We have the reusable cups, and we experiment with different coffees. My family members all like different brands of coffee, so we can make a quick cup of what we prefer. My daughter leaves for school at 5:30, my husband leaves for work a couple hours later, and I enjoy an iced coffee mid-morning. We can easily make a cup whenever the urge strikes.

We use these and they work perfectly.

Cafe Cup Reusable Single Cup Pod- 4 Pack: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
Those are the ones we have, as well. $40 for 4 reusable cups, and we've had them almost a year now. They are used daily. My husband gets up earlier than I do, and likes coffee first thing. I hate coffee that's been sitting around, so the Keurig works perfectly for both of us.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:26 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Those are the ones we have, as well. $40 for 4 reusable cups, and we've had them almost a year now. They are used daily. My husband gets up earlier than I do, and likes coffee first thing. I hate coffee that's been sitting around, so the Keurig works perfectly for both of us.
$40 wow! I only pain $10 for 4. We've had ours for almost 2 years and they have held up perfectly.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:27 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
I've used the very inexpensive Black and Decker one cup coffee maker with a brass filter and real coffee for about 20 years now. Every cup is fresh because every cup is the first cup. You can get them for about $25.00 give or take.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:27 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I just saw a Mr. Coffee single serve for $59 at Costco today! I may buy one...

Old 10-04-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Gee, bad typo there! $10 for 4 reusable cups. Geez.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
$40 wow! I only pain $10 for 4. We've had ours for almost 2 years and they have held up perfectly.
Yeah, typo. LOL!! I didn't see it until it was too late to correct.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:26 PM

17 posts, read 38,926 times
I've been using this one by Hamilton Beach Amazon.com: Hamilton Beach 49981 Single Serve Scoop Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel: Kitchen & Dining every day for just over a year now, and I absolutely love it. It's easy to use, easy to clean, and makes a good cup of coffee. I like that you use your own coffee in it and have the option of setting it to a regular or bold brew. Plus, it takes up very little counter space! I couldn't be happier with it!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:11 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,953,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Those little individual cups contain instant coffee. How good can they be?

If you want small amounts, you can buy a little plastic gizmo that sits on top of a cup. It holds a coffee filter. You place your Tablespoon of grounds in it and pour in a cup of hot water and it will give you one cup of fresh drip coffee. The little plastic thing is about $3.
I have one of those! I think I got it from Melitta. I always take it with me on beach vacation. I get up very early and like to take my cup of coffee to the beach to watch the sun come up. Instead of making the regular big pot, I make my little cup and when the rest of the vacationers wake up, they have the whole fresh pot. Highly recommend!

OMT: It's nice for those late evenings when you want a cup of decaf.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:43 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,953,306 times
Just found it. Google Melitta one cup pour over. Three bucks at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink