Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 05:32 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Thanks! Is this one able to be used in pans with non-stick coatings? I read in one of the links that missy2u posted that soup won't splattervif you keep the entire head submerged. Do you find that to be true?
I only use it in pots for the final pureeing of the soup, and yes it will splatter if you pull the spinning blade out of the liquid,just remember to let the blade stop spinning when you are taking it out of the liquid.
The device shouldnt affect non stick coatings as the blade is surrounded by a guard thus preventing it from actually touching the metal surface as you can see in this image the blade is recessed =https://www.whirlpool.eu/digitalasse..._1000x1000.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 02:09 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,660,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Due to the excellence of their design and manufacture there is still a lot of brand loyalty, and I see there's a brisk trade in them on eBay. Also, I haven't checked into this because I haven't been in the market for one, but I read that DeLonghi bought the rights to the Braun designs.

I can make that easy for you... anything by Kitchenaid is better than anything by Cuisinart. Better design, better quality, better company to deal with.

I'd also check out Breville, another company whose products are better across the board than anything Cuisinart makes.

[quot] I used the blender mostly for soup. I've never been a smoothie fan, so never tested it with ice. I used the chopper for pesto, hommus, and for chopping veg (onions especially). As a single person, the chopper size suits me better than the large bowls of regular food processors.
I can get that. I have a small food processor for that very reason, for personal use, plus a large one I have because I used to make and sell raw food desserts. Now the big one tends to come out only at holiday times when I'm entertaining.

Yeah, now that you mention it... I've thought about tossing mine out because I never use it. And besides, I can do a better, faster job with a hand whisk. [/quote]

I'll admit it; we have a Cuisinart immersion blender. It works fine for rough-pureeing soups in a pot, and we have made pestos with it. You just have to rough chop everything and use enough oil. I don't mind chopping things by hand though. I had a Braun when I was an undergrad and learning to cook. I just gave it away to a friend when we got the Cuisinart, which is easy to clean. That's an advantage. Obviously, you don't want to "immerse" the motor casing. Then, it will stop working. But that's true of most motor casings.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:43 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
I have a Kitchen Aid that I use for soups & sauces fairly frequently. I've never used the whisk attachment & haven't used it for chopping, as I prefer a knife for that. It's one of those things that, once I became accustomed to it, wouldn't want to do without.
I have one at both houses. I use the chopper 10x more than the immersion blender. I use it to purée sauces where the volume is too small to use a blender. I use it instead of my Cuisinart food processor for little things like grinding nuts or dried-smoked chili peppers. I have never used the whisk. That’s what my KitchenAid mixers are for.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:58 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
I use my Smart Stick for thickening chili, and for other occasional pureeing in the pot jobs.

Keep the head submerged and you will be fine. I imagine there are some You Tube videos you can watch about this as well.

You can also make a lovely home made mayo using the immersion blender.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:56 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
I have a kitchen aid model. My DH wanted it. LOL he's used it once and I have used it twice.

Old 09-05-2019, 04:53 AM

2 posts, read 495 times
I've got a Breville immersion blender that was the top pick of Reviewho . Adjustable setting ranges from 1 to 15 and it's extremely powerful. I use 1 to get, say, crushed texture to whole canned tomatoes and 15 to get pureed. In a sense I can choose the texture of a food processor or the texture of a blender or anything in between.

It also comes with a whisk attachment that I use to make whipped cream, beat lots of eggs and so forth.

Only downside is the shape of the head. It's more elongated than round and won't fit easily into small cups. It doesn't splatter as easily as cheaper models, though.

Old 09-05-2019, 02:33 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Cuisinart. Works fine. Can't remember why I chose it.

Old 09-05-2019, 04:53 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
I picked one up for cheap at the thrift store, it works well, but I will use it more once soup weather arrives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink