Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 06:58 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,394,180 times

Advertisements

I have notices some parents actually encourage their kids to scream! I've seen parents play with a baby/toddler, by dangling some sort of toy, etc, until the kid lets out a scream, then they reward the child with the item I guess that's considered cute for them, but totally obivilous of others around them, trying to enjoy their meal. No, really, I don't think your little prince/princess screaming is some sort of treat!

Maybe I should respond in kind, start making obscene/weire/disgusting sounds....sorry, folks, I have Tourettes.deal with it!

Old 10-06-2013, 07:05 PM

5,132 posts, read 4,481,664 times
They've run out of an item I ordered. If I am there at 6 or 7pm for dinner, I don't want to hear that they've run out of anything. That is prime dinner time. Everything on the menu should be available. It's not like it's 9 or 10 pm!

Servers who can't make recommendations because they haven't tried the food.

No cream for the coffee. Only milk or non-dairy creamer.

Servers who are so busy flirting or chatting with one another that you can't get their attention.

Restaurants with no sound-absorbing materials, so that the place is a din of voices, ringing cell phones, clanging dishes, cutlery, and music.

Misbehaving children.

I hate having the gratuities automatically taken out if I've been displeased with the service.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:22 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
I went to KFC once with a friend and we got told "sorry, we've run out of chicken".

Old 10-06-2013, 07:33 PM

23,513 posts, read 23,986,796 times
1/ I've made reservations, but still don't have a table and must wait for 20-30 minutes for one.
2/ Rude waitstaff.
3/ Place is not clean
4/ Folks near me not minding their table manners.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:52 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
This is a really whiney thread,so I'll play along:

Customers who are rude to the servers
People who don't like (well behaved) children should be put on the menu (eat in one the elitist places that don't allow kids, otherwise STHU).

Now that I got that off my chest, I don't like being addressed as "guys" in mixed company and for some reason being asked how everything "tastes" bugs me. Not the fact that they're checking, that's fine, but that exact phrase for some reason irritates me. I also find forced, feigned friendliness ("welcome to Cicis!") annoying and phony.

Last edited by johnp292; 10-06-2013 at 08:15 PM..

Old 10-06-2013, 07:58 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,875,457 times
The whole waiter system in America bugs me. I often compare it to the chinese restaurants where any waiter can help you and are usually standing around to do so. No having to find your waiter and if you forgot to ask them something you have to wait at least 5 mins to see them again since they just checked on you. And when they give you the check they run away so [unless you're paying cash with no change needed] you have to wait another 5 minutes to get out of there.

Sure the chinese waiters may not serve you with a big smile but they do their job. I'm not exactly smiling from my waiter service anyway... just be there the second I need you - that's all I ask. I thought they were the waiters, but... well, I guess joke's on us.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:23 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,582,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Yea, I know this is a "1st world problem", but this is the food forum, so tell us what little annoyances seem to happen to you every time you eat out...
Today we went to the Cheesecake Factory after 18 months. I could not remember why we hadn't gone back but I got my answer today. It took approximately 10 minutes for our waiter to get our order even when the place only had another family eating there and a different waiter was taking care of their table. Less than a minute after we got our coffees and cakes, a woman came with our bill, offering to-go boxes and telling us this was the time to order anything else we wanted to take home. DH and I just looked at each other. The woman came two more times to see if I had already left my card to charge us and made sounds of exasperation when she saw we weren't ready to leave.

I hate places that rush their customers. I simply don't go back. If they want my money they must provide a pleasant environment.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:57 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,169,865 times
My dad had a sure-fire way of getting the check when it seemed the waitperson was clueless that he was waiting for it. He stood up and put his coat on (if he had worn one). Amazing how quickly they'd appear with the check then.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:38 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,394,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I went to KFC once with a friend and we got told "sorry, we've run out of chicken".

Here KFC keeps running out of those pot pies

Old 10-06-2013, 09:41 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,214,384 times
Oh, another huge one for me...

Waiters prancing to all of the empty tables around you spraying that gawd-awful commercial cleaner in huge clouds that take your breath away and infiltrate your sinuses while you are trying to eat.

I actually stopped eating at my favorite salad bar place because it had a fast table turnover at lunch and the staff was constantly holding those spray bottles full of some nasty ammonia chemicals like 2 feet above every table next to me and pumping the bottle 20 times while spraying huge clouds of chemicals all over.

I have even had them decide to clean the windows and doors next to my table with loads of Windex to remove finger prints.

How can anyone eat inside a toxic ammonia cloud?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink