Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 08:53 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times

Advertisements

Would love to hear your favorite fall recipe.

I am going to try one with a mix of coffee, milk, honey (I don't use or buy sugar) and pumpkin seasoning.

Question: Where does one find "pumpkin seasoning"?

I have never been a fan of pumpkin pie, so I have never bought the spices. Do stores sell the spices pre-mixed, or do I need to buy a few and combine them?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 01:27 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
If I make a pot of coffee, I put a Tsp. of cinnamon into the grinds before brewing. Not many people like it but I do.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:30 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,603,624 times
grind good beans, make good strong coffee, pour it in a cup and drink it.

What can I say? I like my coffee to taste like coffee.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:33 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Here you go...

Products - All Flavors | COFFEE-MATE®

Pumpkin Spice

McCormicks' Pumpkin Pie Spice

Old 10-20-2013, 01:39 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post

I am going to try one with a mix of coffee, milk, honey (I don't use or buy sugar) and pumpkin seasoning.

Question: Where does one find "pumpkin seasoning"?

I have never been a fan of pumpkin pie, so I have never bought the spices. Do stores sell the spices pre-mixed, or do I need to buy a few and combine them?

Thanks!
To answer your question, yes you buy pumpkin pie spice....McCormick has a good blend. I also improvise sometimes & make my own pumpkin pie spice. Whatever the case just this morning I had coffee mate's pumpkin pie cream in my coffee (sugar free) & it was surprisingly good
I've also at times brewed up coffee with cinnamon added, then top it with a dab of whipped cream. Yummy

Lol just posted & see now that SATX already suggested McCormick.....

Old 10-20-2013, 02:17 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post

Lol just posted & see now that SATX already suggested McCormick.....
LOL! I added that link as it was in an ad in link for Coffee-mate. I was still looking for whether they have a powdered pumpkin spice in Coffee-Mate.

OP here's a recipe for a pumpkin spice latte.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:47 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
grind good beans, make good strong coffee, pour it in a cup and drink it.

What can I say? I like my coffee to taste like coffee.
I agree, but for some reason this time of year I crave a little specialty coffee when the weather cools off.

Also, thanks for the links. I will look for the McCormick spices. I like to use real spices and avoid the powdered, artificial and sugary coffee mate type mixes.

I recently saw a video of some sort of coffee flavoring that looked like a dark liquor. I need to go back and find it. Not sure where to buy it.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:19 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
Quote:
Large soup mug
1 to 1.5 tablespoon of General Foods International Suisse Moca Cafe`
1 to 1.5 tablespoon plain Coffeemate
1 to 2 shots Christian Brothers Brandy
Fill with hot water.

Fall and Winter

My exchange daughters used to call it "Mom's special coffee that puts her in a real good mood".

Old 10-20-2013, 07:18 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,846 times
Quote:
I agree, but for some reason this time of year I crave a little specialty coffee when the weather cools off.

Also, thanks for the links. I will look for the McCormick spices. I like to use real spices and avoid the powdered, artificial and sugary coffee mate type mixes.

I recently saw a video of some sort of coffee flavoring that looked like a dark liquor. I need to go back and find it. Not sure where to buy it.
And this is why the "Specialty Coffee Association of America" is perhaps the most useless association name ever.

Not to derail the thread, but "specialty coffee" is a grade of beans - as measured by the least amount of defects in a given test batch. It has to pass a cupping table with a minimum score of "80" to be called "specialty". Typically these are high-grown arabicas.

Instead, most of the coffee-consuming public associates "specialty" with flavored coffees and lattes, which are more often than not made from lower-quality premium (70-79) or commercial (60-69) grades of beans.

And yet the SCAA trade show continues to promote (and profit from) the products and methodologies to make flavored coffees and absurd coffee drinks regardless if said products are not using actual "specialty coffee".

Not that anyone really cares. Just wanted to get that out.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:22 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,746,974 times
Fill coffee pot with water.

Put one heaping scoop of Folgers Black Silk in filter.

Turn on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink