Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 09:17 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,470,754 times

Advertisements

i worked with someone who had terrible manners...she would slurp everything--even salads. just imagine that sound...like some people make with soup (which is also terrible), but with "dry foods"...i would sometimes need to leave the room she was so gross....i kept imagining what man would take her out to dinner and if he would ever ask for a second date once he witnessed this dibiacle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 06:07 AM

1,882 posts, read 4,613,953 times
It's tough to tell an adult to not eat w/mouth open or talk w/food in their mouth. I've tried w/one of my brothers, he eats like a dang pig. I say everything I can w/out just blurting out "shut your pie hole when you eat!" He gets offended too easily.

MIL usually has buffet style and she'll get seconds before the men get thru the line, she just butts right in. Drives my wife and FIL nuts, he usually says something to her or me(seams were always last in line, and he won't let me go last). One time he said to me "you think we'll get bread AND butter this time?"

One thing I hate is napkins on the table, they should be on the lap.

Another problem I have is waiters take'n food before your done. Last time I went out to eat the waitress started to take my plate as I had food on the fork and up to my mouth. The plate was still 1/2 full! My mouth was full and my wife told her that she didn't think I was done eating.

I guess it's just hard for people to be as perfect as I am.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:48 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,293,283 times
Talking No Smacking Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
It's tough to tell an adult to not eat w/mouth open or talk w/food in their mouth. I've tried w/one of my brothers, he eats like a dang pig. I say everything I can w/out just blurting out "shut your pie hole when you eat!" He gets offended too easily.

MIL usually has buffet style and she'll get seconds before the men get thru the line, she just butts right in. Drives my wife and FIL nuts, he usually says something to her or me(seams were always last in line, and he won't let me go last). One time he said to me "you think we'll get bread AND butter this time?"

One thing I hate is napkins on the table, they should be on the lap.

Another problem I have is waiters take'n food before your done. Last time I went out to eat the waitress started to take my plate as I had food on the fork and up to my mouth. The plate was still 1/2 full! My mouth was full and my wife told her that she didn't think I was done eating.

I agree about everything you said. the thing i hate most is people that smack or eat with their mouth open that is so barnyard! where the heck were these people raised anyway ? no one smacks at my table unless they want to get smacked. LOL

Old 05-31-2008, 07:19 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,710,873 times
How about these jerks that wear their seedcaps and ballcaps while they're indoors and while eating?

Old 05-31-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
How about these jerks that wear their seedcaps and ballcaps while they're indoors and while eating?

That would be me, I always have a ball cap on. I don't always eat w/it on but I am bad at wearing it indoors.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
I agree about everything you said. the thing i hate most is people that smack or eat with their mouth open that is so barnyard! where the heck were these people raised anyway ? no one smacks at my table unless they want to get smacked. LOL
What surprises me is one of my brothers. When we were kids, and even now, we used our manners or ......I don't even want to know what mom would do to us!

He was raised right, but I don't know about HS(I was in college) and after. He hasn't had many gf's, surprise, but you'd think he would know what he is doing. But then again this new gf is kindof a slob too.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:54 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,458,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post

What I do when someone's eating obnoxiously loud,I just shoot em a dirty look. Most times they get it,sometimes they don't^

As for the waitesses taking your food too early,amen on that! I've been noticing this for years. Again I remain very staunch and just tell them straight out that I'm not done(in a very 'are you kidding?' type way). People with me get all embarrassed and sh and say I'm being hard on the waitesses and that they'll probably spit in my food or something...why? I was merely guiding them on proper waiting etiquette I've read articles on that plus I've seen the difference between the way they do it at finer restaurants vs how they corral people at chain places etc. I know it's the management that pressures them to hurry people up all for table turnover. I even had the waitress try and hurry us to pay the bill quick just so she wouldn't have a big gap in the 'opening and closing' time for the check.
I wish sales people would look at people as humans and not subjects for their 'contests'.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:24 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,293,283 times
Thumbs down pigs eat out side

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
What I do when someone's eating obnoxiously loud,I just shoot em a dirty look. Most times they get it,sometimes they don't^

As for the waitesses taking your food too early,amen on that! I've been noticing this for years. Again I remain very staunch and just tell them straight out that I'm not done(in a very 'are you kidding?' type way). People with me get all embarrassed and sh and say I'm being hard on the waitesses and that they'll probably spit in my food or something...why? I was merely guiding them on proper waiting etiquette I've read articles on that plus I've seen the difference between the way they do it at finer restaurants vs how they corral people at chain places etc. I know it's the management that pressures them to hurry people up all for table turnover. I even had the waitress try and hurry us to pay the bill quick just so she wouldn't have a big gap in the 'opening and closing' time for the check.
I wish sales people would look at people as humans and not subjects for their 'contests'.

SHOOT THEM A DIRTY LOOK, HELL I'D BE SHOOTING MY PLATE AT THEM AND THEN BOOT THEM OUT THE DOOR. i have no room at my dinner table for a pig.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:58 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,458,418 times
Lmao...!:d

Old 05-31-2008, 12:30 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,820,558 times
Same here-you can tell so much about a person by their table manners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink