Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 01:05 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times

Advertisements

All seafood- yuck!
I just can't be anywhere near fish cooking.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 01:07 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Hazelnut coffee. The smell turns my stomach.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:01 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,990,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
Chitterlings! I have never tried them because I can't get pass the smell. Supposedly, they are quite tasty.
Chitterlin' are one of those things that you only eat if you were exposed to as a child. Stink up your house, but are so tasty! (I'll deny saying that in the real world!!!!)

Old 11-24-2013, 03:48 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie86 View Post
I wouldn't elevate it to a culture, but those parts of the world that "waste not" "want not" also find delicacies in plant roots and tree leaves. On my numerous trips abroad, I came across awful odor of tripe washed in boiling salt water, and was told that the process was repeated until all the smell was removed. The French love their "tripes à la mode de Caen", and the Italians their "honeycomb tripe with parmesan cheese". The only time I tried sweetbreads was when I had to stuff them during a French cooking class.
Menudo is mostly cow intestines. It's pretty good.

And of course, this is the season for haggis.

Sausage casings, yum.

Even traditional cheese is clabbered with rennet, an enzyme from calf stomachs. As they say in hog slaughtering, "We use everything but the squeal."

Old 11-24-2013, 04:39 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,855,804 times
Vinegar is like barf to me.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:42 PM

37,590 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Egg Salad Sandwich (really anything with the words "egg" and "salad" in them). I LOATHE THEIR SMELL! I cannot help almost vomiting when in the presence of anyone making them. Does anyone else have this vehement reaction to egg salad or any other kind of food?
Most fish. It makes me darn near nauseous.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:35 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Chitterlings! I have never tried them because I can't get pass the smell. Supposedly, they are quite tasty.
You beat me to it!

*LOL*

Just the odor makes one want to unswallow. Cannot even be in the same kitchen when they are being cooked.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:37 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Though not overly offensive, the whiff of kippers. However it can be forgiven because they taste so good!

Old 11-24-2013, 05:53 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,161,728 times
Cabbage, broccoli, and crab. I love all three.

This may be TMI but the smell of me excreting asparagus the next day is nauseating.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:42 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Wink Good News!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Without a doubt, and anyone who says anything else has not smelled "chit'lin's" on the boil.

Done correctly, they are. But they must certainly be done correctly, or the consequences could be most painfully distressing.

Alas, I shall never taste another batch of them, for the only two people I trusted to prepare them are now dead, and I would never ask it of my wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
<snip>

Chitlins. Just no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
<snip> But it ain't as bad as chitterlings on the boil.

Chitterlings literally are booty funk being cooked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
Chitterlin' are one of those things that you only eat if you were exposed to as a child. Stink up your house, but are so tasty! (I'll deny saying that in the real world!!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
You beat me to it!

*LOL*

Just the odor makes one want to unswallow. Cannot even be in the same kitchen when they are being cooked.

Cilantro ingredient can remove foul odor of 'chitlins'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink