Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 09:22 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatswanlady View Post
I'm not a fan of hot drinks. My caffeinated beverage of choice, year round, is unsweetened iced tea. A lot of it.

In the summer, people give me a smile and a nod while saying "I could really go for some of that in this weather," but in the winter I get a lot of "How can you stand to drink that when it's so cold out?" I always point out that me drinking iced tea in the winter is objectively no more crazy than that cup of hot coffee in the dead heat of summer -- same idea, different temperatures.

I love soup served piping hot, but I want my drinks to be refreshing.
Winters here aren't really that cold, and I like my thirst to be quenched any time of year. I do appreciate the occasional hot drink, but it's not a habit for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 09:38 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I'm just the opposite...tend to prefer hot beverages to cold year 'round. I'm one who will have a cup of tea or coffee anytime, but who doesn't even stock soda, juice, etc. In my home. When my brother, who drinks Coke continuously throughout the day, stops by, he's always surprised that the only thing on and is water.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm just the opposite...tend to prefer hot beverages to cold year 'round. I'm one who will have a cup of tea or coffee anytime, but who doesn't even stock soda, juice, etc. In my home. When my brother, who drinks Coke continuously throughout the day, stops by, he's always surprised that the only thing on and is water.
Don't you ever crave something cool, refreshing and thirst-quenching?

Old 01-09-2014, 09:59 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,948,315 times
I don't drink coffee that often, but it has to be hot. I tried to drink iced coffee a couple of times & gagged at the first sip both times. It was just unbearable to me. The thought of it makes me ill.

As for tea, I absolutely cannot drink hot tea. It MUST be cold/iced.

I've never really lived where it gets cold, so hot drinks (aside from coffee) aren't commonly consumed. Hot or Mexican chocolate are available, but I'm not a chocolate fan.

I've seen hot cider up north on occasion.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:22 AM

892 posts, read 1,498,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
I don't drink coffee that often, but it has to be hot. I tried to drink iced coffee a couple of times & gagged at the first sip both times. It was just unbearable to me. The thought of it makes me ill.

As for tea, I absolutely cannot drink hot tea. It MUST be cold/iced.
You're not alone - I'm the same way. Even living for 25 years in Michigan, and trying dozens of different flavors/types...I don't care if it's 40 below zero outside, the mere thought of hot tea makes me gag, but I'll chug down a quart of iced tea.

On the flipside, it could be 115 outside here in Phoenix, and my coffee has to be hot to be enjoyable. If it even gets to the point of being "warm", I'll still either pop it in the nuker for a bit or pour a fresh cup, lol (and I haven't drank McDonald's coffee since the infamous lawsuit, and they cooled it off a bit...)

Old 01-09-2014, 11:06 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,269 times
Hot coffee upon getting up is a must for me.2 cups with flavored creamer and I am good to go.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:45 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
ME!!! I have a strong dislike for most hot beverages. I can do a cup of hot chocolate every now and then, but you can keep coffee, tea and other stuff like it.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:49 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,336 times
Count me in as someone who doesn't like hot drinks. I don't like hot coffee. I do like hot tea but I never can finish a whole cup. I like hot chocolate but I haven't had it in years. I much prefer cold water and cold beverages.

I do count myself as lucky to not be a slave to caffeine. I do appreciate that others can't function until they have their morning coffee. I'm just thankful I don't have that vice.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:57 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,089,031 times
I think persons who live in cold climates are more likely to drink hot or warm drinks.

I love hot apple cider, spiked with mulling spices. Also, I love hot egg nog with whiskey in it.... it can't be beat. Other of my favorites are herbal teas and coffee. I don't drink hot chocolate too often. Hot chicken broth, vegetable or beef broth hit the spot on a cold day.

And, what better way to finish off a meal, than Irish Coffee - hot coffee with Irish Whiskey with a dollop of whipped cream. My mouth is watering as I write this!

Old 01-09-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
I think persons who live in cold climates are more likely to drink hot or warm drinks.

I love hot apple cider, spiked with mulling spices. Also, I love hot egg nog with whiskey in it.... it can't be beat. Other of my favorites are herbal teas and coffee. I don't drink hot chocolate too often. Hot chicken broth, vegetable or beef broth hit the spot on a cold day.

And, what better way to finish off a meal, than Irish Coffee - hot coffee with Irish Whiskey with a dollop of whipped cream. My mouth is watering as I write this!
I like Bailey's Irish cream, there's now a coffee version of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink