U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 10:39 AM

3,491 posts, read 5,815,342 times

Advertisements

Lol. No to 2.50 or 3 per slice. Of course, I won't buy their entire pizzas either.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 01:05 PM

139 posts, read 154,072 times
$3? No way. If I really want mediocre pizza, I can walk to Little Caesar's and get a whole pie for $5.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:03 PM

5,574 posts, read 6,874,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
It actually astounds me that places like this and Domino's stay in business, seeing that there are so many better options out there.
If it weren't for the fact that Domino's delivers, they wouldn't survive. Pizza Hut went through a period of near extinction, until you saw more of their restaurants offer delivery. People like convenience, even if the quality is lousy.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:08 PM

1,006 posts, read 2,130,465 times
Despite what people say, I doubt many people do a lot of comparative shopping for a slice of pizza for lunch. They eat what's convenient, based on where they are within crazy limits. You are hungry, meetings all morning and afternoon, you have 10 minutes to eat, you will pay the $3 at the next door Hut. few people are going to even think twice about it. they are selling convenience as much as they are selling pizza. And while it would appear by the results here that few people like Pizza Hut, their real world sales numbers would argue. Don't even kid yourself that this wasn't well thought out and that they will make incremental revenue for slices over their existing standard size pies.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:20 PM

132 posts, read 288,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Pizza Hut announced Tuesday it will begin selling pizza by the slice in an attempt to keep up with competition from upmarket fast food franchises like Chipotle.

Pizza Hut will test selling slices in two locations, one in York , Neb. and the other in Pawtucket, R.I. The company’s slices will be made with thinner crusts and a new recipe, and will cost between $2 and $3 each. But considering the ready availability of the dollar slice in big cities like New York, only time will tell if this pricing model holds up in larger markets.

Read more: Pizza Hut Will Start Selling by the Slice | TIME.com Pizza Hut Will Start Selling by the Slice | TIME.com
I like the by the slice idea. I tend to overeat pizza, when a pie is in front of me! Yes, I would pay $3 for a decent slice of pizza. unfortunately, Pizza Hut is not decent pizza.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:13 PM

11,642 posts, read 22,936,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Pizza Hut announced Tuesday it will begin selling pizza by the slice in an attempt to keep up with competition from upmarket fast food franchises like Chipotle.

Pizza Hut will test selling slices in two locations, one in York , Neb. and the other in Pawtucket, R.I. The company’s slices will be made with thinner crusts and a new recipe, and will cost between $2 and $3 each. But considering the ready availability of the dollar slice in big cities like New York, only time will tell if this pricing model holds up in larger markets.

Read more: Pizza Hut Will Start Selling by the Slice | TIME.com Pizza Hut Will Start Selling by the Slice | TIME.com
Around here you can get two slices and a drink for $5. $3 per slice seems high. Especially since the local pizza places make much better pizza than PH.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:16 PM

47,175 posts, read 42,257,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayah(812) View Post
Not if I can get two slices for 2.50 at the gas station! Seriously some gas stations have tastier pizza than big pizza chains.

But other people will certainly pay 3 for one slice at Pizza Hut.
Yep, I can get a slice of decent pie for 1.18.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:30 PM

1,407 posts, read 1,333,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
We get a 14" Little Caeser's Hot-N-Ready for $5.00. Nobody in my family can get by on only ONE slice of pizza anyway.

For eat-in, a local pizzeria has an all-you-can eat pizza buffet for only $4.99 on Mondays and Tuesdays. Several different kinds - superior to Pizza Hut, in my opinion.
YES! I have Little Caesar's next to my apartment, but I don't really like the Hot-N-Ready for $5 (love the Italian Cheesebread though). I prefer getting a large two-topping at the local pizza place for $8 instead. I just got done devouring a bacon and black olive za. Actually I have so many pizza options where I live with a good mix of all the chains, local places, and gas stations that are known for pizza (slices for $2) that I can't ever fathom resorting to a $3 slice from Pizza Hut.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:07 PM

3,188 posts, read 7,505,409 times
I understand you can get a whole pizza at Little Ceasers for 5 but I think many single people who would not eat the whole pizza and are on the run so don't have a fridge for left overs would buy a single slice from a pizza place even if it were per slice more money. I do think the single slices need to be larger if charging 3 then the average pie slice.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:37 PM

11,584 posts, read 8,590,220 times
I'd pay more if the slice was real good. One pizzeria by my school sold these "Cheesesteak Pizza" slices for 3.50 but it was well worth the price cause it was very tasty and filling. You could eat one in the morning and be full for the entire day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink