Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 12:52 PM

5,119 posts, read 16,592,135 times

Advertisements

Toasted cheese (not grilled) sandwiches, garlic bread, biscuits, fish sticks, tater tots, chicken patties, enchiladas, salmon filets wrapped in foil pouches and reheating pizza slices.

I tried cookies once, they didn't heat evenly in my toaster oven...and it's a pretty good sized toaster oven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 01:06 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,253,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Toasted cheese (not grilled) sandwiches, garlic bread, biscuits, fish sticks, tater tots, chicken patties, enchiladas, salmon filets wrapped in foil pouches and reheating pizza slices.

I tried cookies once, they didn't heat evenly in my toaster oven...and it's a pretty good sized toaster oven.
Definitely toasted cheese sandwiches. I melt the cheese on open slices and then put them together. How do you do yours? French fries - that is those bought frozen. Take out one serving and heat. Put the rest back in the freezer until next time. You have a good list there. Reminding me of some I've not had for a while. Garlic bread!

Old 03-24-2014, 01:42 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,472,347 times
I'm single, and cook about a third of the time. I was going to just stick with an upright toaster, but I was able to snag a toaster oven for $20. I then accidently left my upright toaster in my office when I got laid off, and haven't gotten around to getting it back. I don't really have the space for both anyways.

With the toaster oven, I like to make my own pizza bread, similar to Subway's flazittas, putting on stuff like mushrooms, some peppers, and using whole grain bread instead. It's also fast and convenient like for when I want to cook up a salmon. I now have an oven, but it is much quicker to use a toaster/oven for that for bread.

Old 03-24-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel W View Post
Definitely toasted cheese sandwiches. I melt the cheese on open slices and then put them together. How do you do yours? French fries - that is those bought frozen. Take out one serving and heat. Put the rest back in the freezer until next time. You have a good list there. Reminding me of some I've not had for a while. Garlic bread!
I lightly toast 2 pieces of bread, add sliced muenster, lightly toast again until cheese is melted then smash the gooey, yummy mess together and enjoy!

I love these frozen biscuits too. The refrigerated kind come 8 to a pkg. I don't want to cook/eat 8 biscuits at once.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I lightly toast 2 pieces of bread, add sliced muenster, lightly toast again until cheese is melted then smash the gooey, yummy mess together and enjoy!

I love these frozen biscuits too. The refrigerated kind come 8 to a pkg. I don't want to cook/eat 8 biscuits at once.
Thank you. I don't toast the bread first but I like my foods soft. Well, my mouth does, anyway. Not much for crispy. I've not tried muenster. Shall put that on my list. I keep a bag of Grands buttermilk biscuits in the freezer all the time. Bake one as a treat. Once in a blue moon, I'll make gravy (McCormick's single serving envelope) and have biscuit and gravy for breakfast. Not very often, though. Have to watch those carbs. Almost always, there is gravy left over and there we go again with something in the fridge to use or toss.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel W View Post
Thank you. I don't toast the bread first but I like my foods soft. Well, my mouth does, anyway. Not much for crispy. I've not tried muenster. Shall put that on my list. I keep a bag of Grands buttermilk biscuits in the freezer all the time. Bake one as a treat. Once in a blue moon, I'll make gravy (McCormick's single serving envelope) and have biscuit and gravy for breakfast. Not very often, though. Have to watch those carbs. Almost always, there is gravy left over and there we go again with something in the fridge to use or toss.
Yes, do buy some. It's a creamy, buttery, salty cheese...and oh so gooey when you melt it. If you have a local deli, buy it there vs a grocery store. Better quality at a deli.

I make breakfast sandwiches with my biscuits sometimes.

I have a Pampered Chef stone bar pan that I use in my toaster oven to brown certain foods.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Yes, do buy some. It's a creamy, buttery, salty cheese...and oh so gooey when you melt it. If you have a local deli, buy it there vs a grocery store. Better quality at a deli.

I make breakfast sandwiches with my biscuits sometimes.

I have a Pampered Chef stone bar pan that I use in my toaster oven to brown certain foods.
It is on my list already. Wish I'd known about that stone place last fall. A friend wanted exactly that and we could not find one. Thank you.

Hazel

Old 03-25-2014, 02:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:

I just made them yesterday but I used my griddler. I think I like your way better. I am going to give it a try next week.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:04 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,629,314 times
Used to use our Krupps oven quite a bit. Just the two of us and used to cook up small meals for two and save on using the larger oven. That is until the switches (push-button) went bad. It is not that old either, maybe 5 years. A shame, we paid good money for it and thinking it was german made and all, would last us quite a long time.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:55 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,279,445 times
We haven't had a toaster oven for a while. The last one was a Cuisinart that we loved. Now my mom is getting rid of her barely used toaster/convection oven, which I think is a Breville. It will soon be mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink