Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 11:04 PM

1,880 posts, read 2,307,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
You haven't missed much. I find lamb has an unpleasant flavor and the texture is stringy. I could count the number of times I've had lamb on one hand and I didn't enjoy it each time. A friend says that she had lamb and loves it and that I probably had lamb made the wrong way. Five times? I doubt it. I don't think mint jelly would of helped either.
I've never thought of lamb as stringy. Mutton maybe but not lamb.

Where have you had it? Have you cooked it yourself? I have to say that living by myself, I don't have the patience to do a good roast but my dad always made a great one.

Perhaps you and your friend should go and have what she considers to be a good lamb dinner and then you will know if it is just your different tastes or whether you have just had bad luck with lamb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 12:15 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,158,411 times
Default Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by susankate View Post
I've never thought of lamb as stringy. Mutton maybe but not lamb.

Where have you had it? Have you cooked it yourself? I have to say that living by myself, I don't have the patience to do a good roast but my dad always made a great one.

Perhaps you and your friend should go and have what she considers to be a good lamb dinner and then you will know if it is just your different tastes or whether you have just had bad luck with lamb.
I have had lamb at dinners with relatives, usually my aunts cooked the lamb, but I've never cooked lamb myself or ordered it at restaurants, probably because of my past experience with it. My mother cooked it once, only once. I really should ask my friend where she had lamb because you would think we were talking about two different kinds of meat - she kept saying how delicious it was, how tender, how flavorful and I was like "WHAT?!?!?"

Old 01-28-2014, 12:25 AM

1,180 posts, read 3,126,099 times
One reason that many Americans don't like lamb is that they don't know how to prepare it. They tend to way under season the lamb. Check out a Greek or Middle Eastern cookbook for the best ways to prepare lamb so that you have a good chance to taste it at its best.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:39 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,158,411 times
Default Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelaki View Post
One reason that many Americans don't like lamb is that they don't know how to prepare it. They tend to way under season the lamb. Check out a Greek or Middle Eastern cookbook for the best ways to prepare lamb so that you have a good chance to taste it at its best.
Maybe, I will give lamb another chance. That's a great idea about checking out Greek or Middle Eastern cookbooks because they specialize in lamb dishes. I might even cook lamb myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink