Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 12:41 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,811,485 times

Advertisements

So far, I like www.maanchi.com for Korean recipes, and I adore Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor | Indian Recipes | Healthy Recipe | Recipes for Indian recipes. What I like especially about these two is that you can put in ingredients and get results that way or a certain spice etc.

What recipe sites/blogs do you like for cuisines from all over? I am always looking for more recipes! I have others where I have to use google translate as it's in the native language, that's always fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 02:01 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
For miscellaneous Asian, www.RasaMalyasia.com is my favorite. Great variety and most are easy to replicate.

For authentic Mexican, I like Mexico Cooks but the recipes are often complicated and I can't always find the exact ingredients. However, the author is very good about responding to questions via email and suggesting replacements. And her blog is really well written.

MOMTOTHREE: the link for your recommendation for Korean recipes is incorrect. Can you supply the correct one, please?

Old 02-18-2014, 02:04 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
I think that this is the one that she meant. (Sorry for intruding, but I love solving puzzles.)

Cooking Korean food with Maangchi: Korean cooking, recipes, videos, and blog

Old 02-18-2014, 02:06 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
The link for Korean recipes is www.maangchi.com - I wonder how I know that one .

Old 02-18-2014, 09:15 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,045 times
I like Beyond Kimchee | Korean food blog, Korean recipes, Asian recipes for Korean cooking and the YouTube videos "Cooking with Dog" for Japanese cooking.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:16 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,153,320 times
I was going to post this very same question, mom2! I'm glad you did.

Filipino - I haven't really gotten into Filipino food that much yet but his blog is so well-written I subscribed to Jun-Blog.
Jun-Blog | Stories from My Filipino Kitchen

Indian/vegetarian:
RAK'S KITCHEN

Food52 covers every cuisine you can think of and you can search by type of cuisine. It's a great foodie site!
Food52 - Food community, recipes, kitchen & home products, and cooking contests.

Also covers all sorts of cuisines, the BBC food website is wonderful for Middle Eastern and Indian recipes; also one of my go-to recipe sites:
BBC Good Food | Recipes and cooking tips

Old 02-19-2014, 05:19 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,811,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
For miscellaneous Asian, www.RasaMalyasia.com is my favorite. Great variety and most are easy to replicate.

For authentic Mexican, I like Mexico Cooks but the recipes are often complicated and I can't always find the exact ingredients. However, the author is very good about responding to questions via email and suggesting replacements. And her blog is really well written.

MOMTOTHREE: the link for your recommendation for Korean recipes is incorrect. Can you supply the correct one, please?
Sorry! Cooking Korean food with Maangchi: Korean cooking, recipes, videos, and blog

ETA, just saw others chimed in, yep that's it.

I like the recipes on here for Cuban cooking:http://3guysfrommiami.com/

Old 02-19-2014, 07:13 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,744,527 times
For authentic old school Cuban recipes

Cocina Cubana

I read Spanish but you could use google translator, most recipes are from old Cuban cookbooks from the 40's and 50's and our tamale recipe is just like the one here.

For my go to with over 5000 pages of cuisine from food bloggers, with pictures and a with a site search engine that makes it easy to find any particular dish.

TasteSpotting | a community driven visual potluck

For Guyanese food and Caribbean food
Www.jehancancook.com

For Asian *and Indian dishes I usually go to my cook books but thanks to you guys I will definitely go to the sites already mentioned here.

Of course pinterst food section where I pin recipes that I tried or want to.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
So far, I like www.maanchi.com for Korean recipes, and I adore Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor | Indian Recipes | Healthy Recipe | Recipes for Indian recipes. What I like especially about these two is that you can put in ingredients and get results that way or a certain spice etc.

What recipe sites/blogs do you like for cuisines from all over? I am always looking for more recipes! I have others where I have to use google translate as it's in the native language, that's always fun.
I still depend first on: food network and then I go to Allreicpes.com. If nothing hits me on either of those I just google recipes: Indian, Asian, Mexican, whatever. I can always find what I am looking for, plus I have so many cook books, it would be pretty strange if one of them didn't have a recipe for whatever.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:31 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,744,527 times
I discovered this site yesterday when searching for African cuisine, mainly Mafe from Senegal since I wanted to do a change up from traditional carne con papas.

Really cool site and the bloggers are very interesting so I thought I'd share.

Flavors Map | 196 Flavors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink