U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 04:12 PM

395 posts, read 1,908,720 times

Advertisements

Some of the recipes here sound really good!

My family actually likes something really simple, cream puffs with a homemade chocolate sauce dribbled over them. Kind of like chocolate eclairs. As a test I just asked my 16 year old dd what we should have this year, and she perked right up and said, "Cream puffs! Please! Oh yumm...." LOL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 01:03 PM

522 posts, read 1,528,239 times
I am making cheesecake!! My Mom always made one and now I will continue the tradition.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:57 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,071,914 times
Here are some favorite desserts from the South: pecan pie, coconut cake and ambrosia. I also like divinity, fruit cake and homemade fudge.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:51 PM

106 posts, read 353,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Pannetone-is almost a cake/bread like loaf. It's Italian-with dried fruit-it's found in specialty stores-sometime Costco-and usually this time of year.
I was planning to try pannetone french toast on Christmas morning. Found the recipe on the Food Network web site from the Everyday Italian show. But now I'm thinking about the bread puddding...sounds so good. Merry Christmas, everyone!

Old 12-26-2007, 05:41 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,833,660 times
I make sweet potato pie. Wonderful!

Old 12-26-2007, 05:50 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,833,660 times
Oh, my god. The other night I was watching Christmas takes from old Saturday Night Live episodes. One was two women from the "Delicious Dish" interviewing a character Peter Schweaty (played by Alec Baldwin) the owner of "Seasons Eatings" famous for his Christmas balls. The women were raving about his Schweaty balls. I was rolling on the floor. So funny.

Hah! I just found it on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXEGa57gUZ0

Old 12-27-2007, 08:28 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,372,997 times
Besides my cookies, I also make a cherry pie, a pumpkin pie, and a pecan pie. If I don't make all three, I hear about it! And, I can't cheat, and use the frozen ones, either. They must all be from scratch, right down to the crust.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:56 AM

324 posts, read 785,581 times
On Christmas Eve we always have Cheesecake with cherry topping. This year I found a new recipe for a peppermint ice cream layer cake that I think is going to become a holiday favorite. It is really easy: You make a two layer round chocolate cake, put the ice cream in the middle of the layers, and top with cool whip and crushed peppermint. It is pretty and tastes good too!

Old 12-27-2007, 01:08 PM

185 posts, read 554,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCrow View Post
I was planning to try pannetone french toast on Christmas morning. Found the recipe on the Food Network web site from the Everyday Italian show. But now I'm thinking about the bread puddding...sounds so good. Merry Christmas, everyone!
(bread pudding made with pannetone)YUM. I have not made it myself, but did try it at an Italian Restaurant here in N.C. It was sooo tasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink