Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 10:40 PM

38,874 posts, read 22,857,182 times

Advertisements

I used to go to IKEA once a week to eat breakfast there. Their food is very reasonably priced.

I also like their Swedish meatballs meal that comes with soup. I occasionally will purchase a bag of the meatballs along with a couple packets of the cream gravy mix. Really easy to fix for a quick meal.

I don't go there very much anymore because of the distance from my home plus the price of gas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 10:53 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,625,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I don't go to furniture stores to eat.
I tried one of their Swedish meatballs. Disgusting.
Didn't even know it was an option, but I'm going to pass on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Since they do have such nice places to eat, I am guessing, do you think that this would be a good place to take my wife on a date? We could start by looking around the store, head over to the eatery for some dinner, dance in the halls, entertain ourselves in a couch watching people, unless they have a TV area that we could catch a movie. Head back for a light treat, and then head home. LOL
Sounds like a one stop date shop, lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Many people spend hours and hours in an Ikea and the restaurant helps keep you from hunger. It's not a 5 star restaurant, but it's not McDonald's either. You get decent food for the money.
How?

How does ANYONE (besides employees) spend more than 45mins in a tetris style furniture store?!

Old 02-28-2014, 11:07 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,878,593 times
Here they have a cafeteria on the 2nd floor and a quickie pickup place on the 1st floor. The latter serves 50c hot dogs that are pretty plain and while I'd eat it once in a while, I'd not make it a habit. They also have other things like cinnabons, but it's not gonna be gourmet quality. The cafeteria food is better and kids even got to eat free when we did it. It actually wasn't bad - definitely better than tv dinner food. Yes, the bar is pretty low.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:38 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
I have eaten several times at IKEA in South Florida(Broward) and I really don't like most of their food. I will never eat there again even if I am starving. I also don't like the store design and that air freshener they use at the entrance of the store.

The proteins are usually overcooked and dry, the flavors are not particularly interesting. Not even the desserts are that great. I still don't get why people like those Swedish meatballs. Breakfast there is cheap and the flavors are "ok". It is like a Dennis breakfast hash browns, bacon etc.

Their food court meals are very cheap but not very tasty either. Hot dogs are nasty by definition anywhere, the pizza sucks, and the cinnamon rolls and ice cream taste good

Old 03-01-2014, 02:22 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,322,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
One could give me 100 bucks and I would never eat a "Swedish Meatball" from Ikea, or eat any food from a department store.

Swedish meatballs in themselves gross me out, and any food served in a department store environment where people are
sneezing and couching turns me off.

Rather just eat at home or a local place that i know is clean, and not with the masses.
Doesn´t people sneeze at your local place?

Old 03-01-2014, 07:37 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,270,011 times
Quote:
One could give me 100 bucks and I would never eat a "Swedish Meatball" from Ikea, or eat any food from a department store.

Swedish meatballs in themselves gross me out, and any food served in a department store environment where people are

Rather just eat at home or a local place that i know is clean, and not with the masses.
Well, if you're not interested, I'll gladly take that $100. I'll enjoy the meatball with no reasonable reason to be concerned about cleanliness, and then I'll go spend the $100 in the store. Thanks!

Old 03-01-2014, 07:38 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,270,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
How does ANYONE (besides employees) spend more than 45mins in a tetris style furniture store?!
I've spent a couple hours there a number of times. It's not just furniture.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:40 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Some of our department stores still serve High Tea, complete with crumpets, scones and fine china.
Wow, that sounds pretty cool!

Quote:
and any food served in a department store environment where people are
News flash: People are sneezing and "couching" every place you go, even at your house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
If you'd ever been there, you'd not need to ask this silly question.

Dang, now I want to go to IKEA, except it's Saturday and it's too crowded there on Saturdays ...

Old 03-01-2014, 01:36 PM

383 posts, read 641,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Many people spend hours and hours in an Ikea and the restaurant helps keep you from hunger. It's not a 5 star restaurant, but it's not McDonald's either. You get decent food for the money.
That's because they can't find their way out. LOL. I've been to that store and got so lost I felt like I needed a map.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:38 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,640,383 times
Off topic, I do think they make some of the best pillows and mattresses. Very ergonomic focused. The pillows, they make one for every sleep position. The one I purchased several years ago has kept its shape. It is a mix of feathers and foam, so it has support without the feeling of sleeping on a cement block.

The kitchen countertops are high quality of laminate, solid oak and birch, very attractive and reasonably priced. I almost put in a butcher block countertop and priced. The Ikea one was better looking and only would cost me $250.00 compared to four times the cost from a kitchen store.

For people living in small spaces, their storage solutions offer versatile solutions and blend in well with most interiors.

I am not crazy about their sofas and chairs, a little too stark and functional and not enough choice of fabrics and patterns.

I believe they still offer the 25 year guarantee on their furnishings and cabinets.

Back to talking food, I love the marzipan flavored sweets and another vote for the cinna buns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink