Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 10:18 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,811,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I would have said loud enough for her to hear "Ewwww...what is that disgusting smell? It smells like rotten nasty feet! Where is it coming from?" I would have told the manager about it and asked him to tell her to replace her shoes. I wouldn't have left the restaurant and I wouldn't blame them for somebody else's boorish behavior. If he didn't get results I would insist on being moved to another table.
Wow, sounds like a line in every mean girl movie I have seen. The rest I agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 11:06 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I feel sick reading these. what are some so called humans all about... I noticed this also on planes and in the cinema, taking shoes off if your feet are smelly is disgusting.
I feel sick reading about it too.

I would have refused to pay for my food because there is no way I could have eaten it and never been able to go back to that restaurant, the experience would take over when I tried to eat.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:18 AM

421 posts, read 676,119 times
Maybe thinks she has yummy feet; she should probably try something to get rid of the odder first.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:29 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I would have complained to the manager and told the woman her feet stink.
She deserves to be pointed out loudly. No class,

Old 03-07-2014, 03:21 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,956,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
However in those restaurants, temples, homes etc where shoes must be removed....they provide indoor sandles to wear if you are walking about.....if you are seated in a tatami room.....stocking feet are acceptable.
Community shoes sounds unhygienic to me

Old 03-07-2014, 04:58 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,959,482 times
If a person slipped off their shoes under a table I wouldn't have a problem with it but if they take off their shoes and they are hummin it can't be the first time so they know it. Come to think about its kind of cute to see women in stocking feet. Yea those fishnet...Oh excuse me I almost forgot this was a public site.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:03 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,852,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I was sitting in a restaraunt yesterday eating and the woman across the aisle from us took her shoes off and placed her bare feet in the chair opposite . Her feet stunk to high heaven and you could smell them across the room or at least I could . Never in a million years would I think of removing my shoes in a restaraunt and was wondering if you would have said anything ? we said nothing and left and have written this restaraunt off . The manager walked right by her and said nothing . I was astounded by this behavior and thinking to myself this young woman has not had any proper home training . This is a grown woman mind you not a teen .

Maybe Rex Ryan was at the table next to you?

Old 03-07-2014, 06:00 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,045 times
I don't know whether to laugh or puke at some of these posts.

Depending where I was in the course of ordering, I would have left (if it's before I had the chance to order), asked to be moved (if I already ordered), or gotten my order to go. And I would have explained why. I have a weak stomach when it comes to those things, and I'm sure that the restaurant staff wouldn't want to contend with both the odors of bad feet and vomit.

Seriously, what is it with people that behave in public places as though they were in their own house? And of course, the attitude that people like this have is "if you dont like it, you stay home." Ugh, This is a place where food is served. You know that the guy that was picking his toes is going to touch the mints or the doorknob on the way out.

The guy on the airplane, I would have been tempted to take a copy of the SkyMall in front of me and tickle the bottom of his feet until he put them the heck down.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:43 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I was sitting in a restaraunt yesterday eating and the woman across the aisle from us took her shoes off and placed her bare feet in the chair opposite . Her feet stunk to high heaven and you could smell them across the room or at least I could . Never in a million years would I think of removing my shoes in a restaraunt and was wondering if you would have said anything ? we said nothing and left and have written this restaraunt off . The manager walked right by her and said nothing . I was astounded by this behavior and thinking to myself this young woman has not had any proper home training . This is a grown woman mind you not a teen .
While I share your disdain for the smelly bare feet on the chair (yuuuck!), I also want to point out that in certain cultures, you're expected to remove your shoes prior to sitting down.

I would have quietly pointed it out to the waitstaff; they're in a position to approach her and remind her that there are health regulations in place. It may have been that the manager was focused on something else and simply didn't notice the smell.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:03 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
I wouldnt like to sit in a seat where someones bare feet or even feet with shoes had been.... I was on holiday in the US years ago and my hubby son and I went to a beautiful cinema near or in Sarasota as my teenage son was desperate to see The Blair Witch Project, I was horrified at how my teenagers have their feet pressed up on the seats in front... with both shoes on and off... where do they get their manners..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink