Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 02:25 AM

269 posts, read 371,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I myself am chemically sensitive and totally get sick when out and smelling someones cheap strong perfume .
Does it make a difference if it's an expensive but strong perfume I know I wear too much of mine sometimes, but I really like it and I can't smell it anymore after some time so I tend to be a little heavy handed with it. I do try to be mindful at work with it, but when I go out less so

Old 03-08-2014, 02:44 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Perfumes of every sort is harmful to our health... I was at a hospital yesterday with my husband and had to leave the waiting room when two women joined the waiting area doused in the stuff... one day it will be banned in public places. and if only some understood the chemicals in all these things, as bad as cigarettes to health but harder to get away from the effects of others.. the damn stuff is in shops being blown out into the air to make shoppers attracted..its in all these horrible candles that seem to be sold everywhere, its in soap powder, cleaners. fabric conditioners, washing up liquid and many others products and this has to be stopped.I started to notice the effects of perfumes and cleaners 45 years ago. at that time I couldnt find others who suffered so badly from this. now there are people all over the world with MCS and related overlapping illnesses.. time to wake up , our governments and the medical profession who seem to be ignoring all this...

Old 03-08-2014, 06:03 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,775,132 times
WOW!!!!!

Everybody is offended by, perfume.... cigarette smoke. ... kids.... socks with sandals. ... tattoos. ... obesity. .. muzak in public areas... geez!!!

What a world we live in! !! it's a sad commentary on the human species when everyone can't tolerate a few short lived inconveniences. ..

If. .... that was the worst thing in the world of worries, life would be a cake walk!

I sure am glad I learned to live and let live or I'd go stark raving mad with a little bit of stupid thrown in for good measure! !

Seriously? ????

Old 03-08-2014, 06:52 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Older women seem to be the biggest offenders when it comes to strong perfumes. Maybe their sense of smell has gone away so they put too much on, or maybe they use one that they have had for years and years and that scent has become one that people don't wear any more.

Sometimes a woman will come into my work wearing a perfume that gags me. I LOVE a nice smelling perfume on a woman but some of those scents are just stomach turning. Same goes for men with too much cologne or after shave..........some of the ones they wear are just way too strong.

But that pales in comparison to a guy I helped at work the other day. Evidently his cat peed on his clothes, because he reeked of cat urine. I have 3 cats, so I am very familiar with that odor.

Don

Old 03-08-2014, 06:14 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,386,473 times
Wow, what a tread! I almost lost my sense of smell due to smoking, and now I don't hear much smell. Some old ladies, however, still can drive me crazy - they wear some heavy soapy cheap perfumes, probably to mask their pampers' smell. I did not ever smelt anything really offensive on other types of people. And I easily tolerate strong smells, if they are of a good quality.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:05 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
As for smoking, I avoid those places as well. Since Houston went smoke free a few years back, I really notice in cities (like OKC) where its still allowed. Gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink