Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 11:57 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,817,497 times

Advertisements

Are pork rinds particularly smelly? Or is your breath very smelly after eating them? If your co-worker works closely to you, it could just be the smell that she/he finds disgusting. Otherwise, it could just be lack of familiarity with them, or because they're skin rather than meat.

If it is a smell issue, then have a breath mint afterwards. If it's just that she/he finds it generally disgusting, then ignore your co-worker and eat what you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 11:59 AM

237 posts, read 392,267 times
Vincent: Want some bacon?
Jules: No man, I don't eat pork.
Vincent: Are you Jewish?
Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
Vincent: Why not?
Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.
Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy thing. Pigs sleep and root in ****. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.
Jules: I don't eat dog either.
Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?
Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

Old 03-14-2014, 12:48 PM

254 posts, read 406,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Why? I'm not opposed to eating meat, and I'm not out to convince others to become vegetarians, but the story is disturbing, because it's a very risky method of fighting porcine disease. It brings to mind the conditions that led to the outbreak of BSE. Those who eat meat need to know how the animals are raised to ensure that which they consume is safe.
OK, sure....I'm no fan of Big Ag myself. Perhaps it does belong in this forum (maybe), but I still don't think gross bombing unsuspecting people (some of who may have been getting ready to eat lunch *ahem*) was not a very nice thing to do. A seperate clearly labeled thread would have been a much more considerate way to bring it up.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:17 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,128,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
What's so horrifying about skin, in comparison?
It's not horrifying. I am just saying that some people might be put off by it, because it is nothing but skin that you are eating. No meat, just skin. And for the record, I do eat it.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:23 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Why? I'm not opposed to eating meat, and I'm not out to convince others to become vegetarians, but the story is disturbing, because it's a very risky method of fighting porcine disease. It brings to mind the conditions that led to the outbreak of BSE. Those who eat meat need to know how the animals are raised to ensure that which they consume is safe.

No one can be 100% sure that anything they eat is safe even if they grow it themselves.
There is run off, natural watering called rain that has contaminants, critters wandering through the garden, etc. etc. etc.....

If I was so scared of all the propaganda published about any food I would have starved to death years ago.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:58 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesefourwalls View Post
OK, sure....I'm no fan of Big Ag myself. Perhaps it does belong in this forum (maybe), but I still don't think gross bombing unsuspecting people (some of who may have been getting ready to eat lunch *ahem*) was not a very nice thing to do. A seperate clearly labeled thread would have been a much more considerate way to bring it up.
I am very sorry for putting you off your lunch.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:12 PM

358 posts, read 512,490 times
Pork rinds are pretty good, unless they have bits of hair on them. Then they are disgusting.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:19 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,342,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I eat fried chicken, roast chicken, roast turkey, etc., so obviously, I have no problem eating skin. If you're a meat eater, you eat animal muscle fibers without blinking an eye, gnaw flesh off bones, etc. What's so horrifying about skin, in comparison?

Neither bacon nor pork rinds are disgusting.
Yes, I've never understood the logic in some parts of the animal being completely acceptable but other parts being disgusting. If it's palatable, I'll eat it.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:39 AM

452 posts, read 709,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngID View Post
Don't yuck on my yum!

Love pork rinds, and bacon!

I love both! Rinds are light and crunchy and bacon...well, it's a food group all it's own!

Old 03-15-2014, 12:08 PM

32,658 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Pork rinds are not disgusting. I don't eat them because I think they are just an excuse to eat lots of salt. They do have a very nice crunch, though.

I don't see anything in common between pork rinds and bacon, except that bacon is mainly an excuse to eat lots of fat and salt, which I do at any opportunity. Want bacon on that? You bet!

If you want to eat pork rinds, OP, then eat pork rinds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink