Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 08:25 PM

38,885 posts, read 22,870,508 times

Advertisements

Anything alcoholic, since I'm allergic to it.
I was never a fan of coffee and I still can't stand it. However, I will admit it smells good when it's brewing.
Energy drinks. Never saw the appeal plus I don't have a problem with running low on energy during the day.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 03:39 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graytabbie View Post
My little sister liked the taste of beer since she was a toddler. My dad used to give her a bit in a glass when he had one. I, on the other hand, never did like it, even though I tried.

I have no desire to drink clam juice. Don't like the taste of strong liquor. I can only tolerate slightly sweet wines and mixed drinks where you can't taste the alcohol. I don't drink diet drinks anymore or any drink using artificial sweeteners.
My toddler likes the taste too (I don't actually give her beer to drink! I let her taste some non-alcoholic beer, which I like because I enjoy the taste of beer actually, and she loved it and demanded more)

Old 03-17-2014, 08:05 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,076 times
Root Beer and Dr Pepper. Never liked the taste.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:13 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
Any of those energy drinks that people often drink these days. They should be taken off the market.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:57 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,223,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
My toddler likes the taste too (I don't actually give her beer to drink! I let her taste some non-alcoholic beer, which I like because I enjoy the taste of beer actually, and she loved it and demanded more)
When I was in Germany (a long time ago) there was a beer (Malz) that children were allowed to drink.
It was dark and had a little bit of sweetness to it (served cold). I asked the server if it had alcohol in
it & was told by several that there was but the % of alcohol was very small.
I looked for it in when I came back but couldn't find it (even in German delis).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malta_(soft_drink)

Old 03-17-2014, 09:51 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Yeah, I know. That's why I said "most beer." Unfortunately there aren't many GF beers, and not many of them are good.
That's too bad. I would try one, even though I don't need GF. My daughter is gluten-intolerant, but she doesn't like beer anyway.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:53 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeCity View Post
Jagermeister. One very rough night ten years ago has ruined it for me. LOL
Well, if you're gonna go THERE--Sambucca. I was sitting in my cubicle once and realized I was starting to feel nauseated, then I realized it was because I smelled Sambucca. The woman next to me was eating anisette cookies.

Used to love it, then one night I loved it too much.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:52 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
When I was in Germany (a long time ago) there was a beer (Malz) that children were allowed to drink.
It was dark and had a little bit of sweetness to it (served cold). I asked the server if it had alcohol in
it & was told by several that there was but the % of alcohol was very small.
I looked for it in when I came back but couldn't find it (even in German delis).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malta_(soft_drink)
Looks quite interesting. They have malt drinks here too that are very low alcohol for example home brew which they served at the vocational high school I went to for immigrant classes at lunch time.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:35 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,654,534 times
OK my uncle is Italian. There is a truly horrible liquor called "Cynarr" - I may have the name misspelled. It's an artichoke liquor. Very bitter and to me, not good.

My uncle offered it to me on a holiday once. I thought I'd like it. I like artichokes. But no. This is not good.

From my side of the family, I don't like Aquavitt. (sp?) A strange tasting Scandinavian liquour.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, if you're gonna go THERE--Sambucca. I was sitting in my cubicle once and realized I was starting to feel nauseated, then I realized it was because I smelled Sambucca. The woman next to me was eating anisette cookies.

Used to love it, then one night I loved it too much.
I can't stomach tequila for the same reason. Russian moonshine tastes a lot like tequila and it always reminds me of throwing up in the potato fields with my uncle. Talk about wasted, tearful and maudlin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink