Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 07:21 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times

Advertisements

"That bread" is some of the best bread you can buy, anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 08:04 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,090,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
Really? A footlong doesn't even fill me up. I need the 18 inchers that Jared gets in the commercials to get full. It sucks having such a large appetite. I want to be one of those who can get full on a 6-incher.
I had stomach surgery so my tummy is really small....and I do mean small. Thus, I can't eat much. I want to for sure but alas, not possible. But, even before the surgery, a 6 inch was all I could handle but Mr. Chickie could most likely eat two footlongs each setting as he lifts weights and is always hungry.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:51 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Just as an FYI, and i didnt realize this till today (i know, silly me) but they charge you 50 cents to toast your bread....so if they ask "toasted" and you say yes, you're paying an extra charge.

It never dawned on me till today.
There would be crowds with pitchforks and torches outside their stores if they tried that around here.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:15 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
There would be crowds with pitchforks and torches outside their stores if they tried that around here.
Go to your local Subway and purchase a sandwich. Take the receipt and look at the bottom. See the extra charge added to the purchase price (unless you live in an area that does not tax that food item)? It's called a tax. The "added" charge to which the OP refers is the tax levied for "prepared food." The definition of "prepared food" in the location where the OP purchased the sandwich includes toasting that sandwich.

Let's not vilify an establishment that is simply collecting the taxes required by the local "gubment."

Old 03-20-2014, 12:35 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,933,155 times
California take-out no tax versus eat-in tax

I didn't know that. Gosh, what a dumb law; those crazy Californians with their crazy laws. Maybe stores like Subway can provide a convenient toaster oven on the condiment counter for those who want to heat up their samwitches.

I used to work near a Subway in Scottsdale AZ and they had $3.99 footlongs. I would always order one with "everything" and split it into 2-3 meals. Yum.

Luckily, no extra charge in that town for heating it up.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:38 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural chick View Post
I had stomach surgery so my tummy is really small....and I do mean small. Thus, I can't eat much. I want to for sure but alas, not possible. But, even before the surgery, a 6 inch was all I could handle but Mr. Chickie could most likely eat two footlongs each setting as he lifts weights and is always hungry.
Subway sandwich contains so much processed ingredients that after I ate their foot long I was hungry 2 hours later. Very little fiber or wholesomeness.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:24 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

This is what I was going to post, and why I no longer go to Subway. I also don't care for the inconsistencies. Sometimes I'll get a nice full Sammy, other times flat cardboard bread and hardly any toppings. The servers act like they have to pay for the extra sweet onion sauce from their own pockets, and I get tired of asking for more. I don't get why they wont sell the sauce. A worker told me so that we have to buy a sandwich to get it. Fine, then let me get mine drowned in it. Nope.

And it isn't just one store or state I've had these problems. I've been given bread that was so thin and torn, that I cant believe they serve it. Some that wasn't allowed to rise enough, so its skinny and gummy. I've never seen another sub place with this problem. D'Elia's in CA. their bread was ALWAYS the same. Gawd I miss them, nothing like them. I don't see anything special about Subway at all. I only went there because of the sauce and because I thought it was healthy.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:30 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Just as an FYI, and i didnt realize this till today (i know, silly me) but they charge you 50 cents to toast your bread....so if they ask "toasted" and you say yes, you're paying an extra charge.

It never dawned on me till today.
They do not do that! I work at a Subway. If they are charging you to toast the sandwich they are wrong!!! The only extras they charge for is extra cheese, bacon if it's not included on the sandwich, avocado or double meat and pepperoni.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:33 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
They do not do that! I work at a Subway. If they are charging you to toast the sandwich they are wrong!!! The only extras they charge for is extra cheese, bacon if it's not included on the sandwich, avocado or double meat and pepperoni.

So very nice to see you respond to the usual barrage of B.S,. Lubby!

Old 03-20-2014, 03:35 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Read the rest of the posts above and you'll see that the charge is actually just tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink