Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 01:49 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times

Advertisements

Sbarro says it exited bankruptcy protection: Associated Press Business News - MSN Money

"The company is also trying to update its image for serving re-heated pizza at a time when people are increasingly reaching for foods they feel are fresh and wholesome."

I didn't know it was re-heated... they are way overpriced then...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 02:37 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Just about every pizza parlor I've ever been to that sells pizza by the slice re-heats the individual slices in the oven. This is not news.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:44 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Quote:
...I didn't know it was re-heated... they are way overpriced then...
How else would you sell hot pizza by the slice? I'm just curious - hoping to see some innovative answers.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:48 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
That "pizza" is overpriced, period. Doesn't matter that they reheat, since most by the slice places do. There is one busy little place at our local farmers market that frequently does not, because the pizza doesn't sit around long enough to get cold.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:19 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
If I wanted reheated pizza... I go buy it at the grocery store... eat a little then reheat it again when I get hungry... I always assumed that if it is not eaten or bought within a certain time, it is tossed away and another batch is made... I understand it is wasteful but that's what I did when working at McDonalds... cook it, and if not ordered within a certain time, toss it and cook and new batch...

Old 06-04-2014, 04:58 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
I bought a Sbarro frozen pizza at Wal-Mart last week, I had never seen one before. It wasn't that great, tasted like any other frozen pizza.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:49 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,273,687 times
I went to Sbarro's in Chicago as it was very conveniently located in the commuter train station. However, while they closed at 8 pm, they stopped making fresh pizza before 6 pm. If they ran out of salads, "too bad, so sad."

Never again. Fortunately, they closed down and the site was turned over to local operator who has great pizza.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:55 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Sbarro says it exited bankruptcy protection: Associated Press Business News - MSN Money

"The company is also trying to update its image for serving re-heated pizza at a time when people are increasingly reaching for foods they feel are fresh and wholesome."

The Sbarro around our area is usually in a Mall food court, the food is made fresh and baked in the oven.
Then it is put under the lights on the counter and when someone orders a slice they take that slice and put it back in the oven to warm it through. So it is fresh made that day not frozen then baked then reheated.

I always get their Strombolli and I don't care about the price, it is much better to me than Taco Bell, Chick Fil A or any of the other fast foods there.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:18 AM

442 posts, read 496,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The Sbarro around our area is usually in a Mall food court, the food is made fresh and baked in the oven.
Then it is put under the lights on the counter and when someone orders a slice they take that slice and put it back in the oven to warm it through. So it is fresh made that day not frozen then baked then reheated.

I always get their Strombolli and I don't care about the price, it is much better to me than Taco Bell, Chick Fil A or any of the other fast foods there.
This is how the Sbarro near us operates, too. The pizza is decent...filling. My kids like it and it makes being at a mall tolerable...

Old 06-05-2014, 09:40 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
If I wanted reheated pizza... I go buy it at the grocery store
Then you should never eat at a restaurant that offers pizza by the slice, because it's all reheated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink